Baby Showers
Options

Thank you note wording

IDK what to put on the inside of my thank you notes for my shower.  I need something generic for those whom I don't really have a relationship with, like DH's family.  Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you note wording

• Options
    I would never use anything generic. Discribe the gift, how you can't wait to use it, see your DC wearing it etc. Tell them it was lovely to see them and thank them for coming to celelbrate your LO.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

Write it the exact same way you would any other thank you note

If you are still at a loss, check out this link

Here are a few samples

Dear [Name],

You were so thoughtful to give us a gift card. We have a wishlist a mile long so we'll definitely put it to good use. Thank you for the generous gift!

Sincerely,

Dear Melissa,

I just love the adorable blanket and baby rattle you gave me at the shower. You have a knack for finding the cutest things. I can't wait to wrap up my little one in the blanket and I know she'll get a kick out of the shaking.

It was great to see you, as always! Thanks for helping make my shower so special.

Love,

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageK.a.T.e:
    I can't wait to wrap up my little one in the blanket and I know she'll get a kick out of the shaking.

Totally unintentional, I'm sure but this made me laugh.  It sounds like you're going to wrap the baby up in the blanket then shake her/him. (which, of course, is not funny at all).

There's no magic to writing thank you notes. Thank them for the gift, say something nice about it, mention that it was nice to see them (or if they couldn't come that you missed seeing them and look forward to it in the future, etc.).  If you got a gift card or money, you could mention what you were putting it towards.  (Example- I just got a nice sized check from a relative for my daughter's baptism - in my thank you note I let him know that we were using it to start her savings account).

You can also say that you can't wait to introduce the person to the baby or something along those lines.

• Options
    imagedanilynn17:

imageK.a.T.e:
    I can't wait to wrap up my little one in the blanket and I know she'll get a kick out of the shaking.

Totally unintentional, I'm sure but this made me laugh.  It sounds like you're going to wrap the baby up in the blanket then shake her/him. (which, of course, is not funny at all).

There's no magic to writing thank you notes. Thank them for the gift, say something nice about it, mention that it was nice to see them (or if they couldn't come that you missed seeing them and look forward to it in the future, etc.).  If you got a gift card or money, you could mention what you were putting it towards.  (Example- I just got a nice sized check from a relative for my daughter's baptism - in my thank you note I let him know that we were using it to start her savings account).

You can also say that you can't wait to introduce the person to the baby or something along those lines.

No offense, I didn't write the examples -- just copied off of the website!

Thank you notes are a no-brainer to me -- Dear SO and SO, thank you for the blah blah blah.  Add another line about the blah blah blah here.  It was great to see you at the shower, thanks for celebrating with us!  Love, ME

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"