Preemies

New to board...have 3 month old preemie born 6 weeks early

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member for a little while, but never really posted. Now that I have a 3 month old son (who was born 6 weeks early) I'd like to get some advice from other moms, and hopefully even give some myself!
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New to board...have 3 month old preemie born 6 weeks early

• Hi there!  I too found this board after my son was aleady out of the NICU, and it is a great resource!  Welcome!
  • Welcome - I think you will find this board to be helpful, since there are some unique experiences we have as moms of preemies. How long was your son in the NICU?
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board! I love it here and hope that you will also!
  • My son was born at 34 and 1/2 weeks.  My OB/GYN can't figure out what sent me into labor early.  Besides first trimester morning sickness and a lot of heartburn, I had a pretty regular pregnancy.  Luckily, my DS was 5 lbs 7 ozs when he was born!  (I can't imagine what he would have been at full term!)  He had some issues with feeding (particularly reflux), apnea, and body temperature control, so he spent 16 days in the NICU.  It was really scary, as you all know, but the staff at our hospital were angels...
  • Wow - that is a big preemie! Good for him! How big is he now?

Is he doing well now? Still have reflux?

There are definately other ladies on here that went into early labor for unknown reasons...

Let's see some pictures of your little one!

• Thanks for asking! I'm still new at this, so I am trying the whole PIP thing. Hope it works! SMB....saw you were from Maryland. I used to live in Annapolis, and now work from home in NY for a company in MD. I'm actually headed to MD for business next week. Sad to leave my son, but my husband took time off from work and will be home with him full time. It will be good for both of them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"