Birth Stories

What is the most PAINFUL part of labor?

The contractions? Crowning?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is the most PAINFUL part of labor?

• For me it was definitely the contractions,  she was "sunny side up" and so I had back labor for 22 hours that was finished with three hours of pushing.  I did not receive an epi until we were ready to push and I would highly recommend getting it before then.  The contractions that I had between a 6-9 were the worse.  After the epi I could feel pressure but no pain.
  • the pain also gives you the reward.  complete and full awareness of what is happening to your body and your baby ... all the wondeful hormonal releases, etc. 

having an epi. too early or at all can both stall and prolong labor, increasing your risk of pitocin, then increasing your risk of a c-section.  just something to think about ... not meant to scare, just research your options and the risks of any and all interventions...  there are risks of an epi as well... 
  • Loading the player...
  • lily225lily225 member
    Ummm, it was towards the end when I was feeling pressure from her being so low along witht he contractions. I felt pressure from 6/7cm on and of course I couldn't push with them so that was just horrible.  That was just the most overwhelming part of it for me.

Crowning is definitely #2 though. But it doesn't last long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I got an epi early and hardly felt any contractions.  My labor was about 16 hours, so I don't know if it was prolonged because of the early epi or not.  Seems sort of average to me.  I did feel pain from all the pressure when I was pushing even with the epi and crowning burnt like crazy, but it was over before I knew it and then I got to meet my angel! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"