Florida Babies

Tampa area pediatricians

Hi ladies. I need help with my 3 month old. I read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and was able to get my daughter to nap wonderfully using that method about 6 weeks ago. As she gets older, the method works less and less for her and we are right back to where we started. I have read every book out there on how to get your child to sleep better and all I've done is make myself insane with schedules that just don't work. She gets so overtired during the day that she wakes up all night and her eating habits have become horrible. She's in the 5th percentile for her weight which isn't very good. Her current pediatrician suggested I put butter in her bottle but she didn't like the taste of it. I'm assuming there is a connection with her being exhausted all of the time and the bad eating habits/poor weight gain, but her doctor just blew me off when I suggested that. Can anyone reccomend a pediatrician in the Tampa area who is good with dealing with VERY fussy babies and giving new moms help? 

Re: Tampa area pediatricians

• I absolutely love my pedi.  His name is Philip Adler 792-8878, he's up in Westchase. 
  • My pedi is Dr Robert Pesce, and his office is on Armenia by St Joe's hospital. He's a straight-shooter "see a problem, fix the problem" kind of guy. His number is 813-870-3720. Not to worry you, but maybe your DD has an underlying medical issue that is causing the fussiness and sleep issues? Maybe reflux? I'd bring this up to a new pedi. Have you tried letting her nap on you, in your lap or in a baby bjorn? My DS had a rough patch for sleeping that lasted a couple of weeks, so I let him take 1 of his 3 naps on me, just so he'd get enough rest to prevent the over-tired downward spiral. True, you'll have to transition DD out of it later, but sleep is very important for her growth and development right now. No matter who you choose as a new pedi, have confidence in your abilities and intuition as a mom. If something is wrong or you're not getting enough of a response from the doctor, keep pushing.
  • Loading the player...
  • butter in a bottle? i have never heard of that.
    where in tampa are you?
    my son went through a grow spurt at 3 months. we still aren't on a schedule according to the clock and he is 10 months old. i hope you find some help.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"