Minnesota Babies
Options

Where should we move w/ infant and dog?

I am hoping for advice on what general neighborhoods to look at.  I have a baby due at the end of August and my dh is spending a month in the twin cities for work in Sept.  We also have a dog who loves to play.

I want to be in a neighborhood that is safe, walking distance to a dog park and would love to rent a duplex or home so that it is easier to take the dog outside whe needed.

I would love any suggestions on what areas in the cities or suburbs to look.  Close to a dog park is a must!  (close to a dog daycare could also be a compromise)

Thank you sooooo much. 

Re: Where should we move w/ infant and dog?

• Options
    Rogers, Maple Grove, Plymouth.  I have lived in all and have loved every neighborhood.  Rogers has great rentals including "rent to own" homes.
  • Options
    A lot of places in Minneapolis are nice and close to trails and dog parks.  Longfellow is a nice area, close to Minnehaha Park - which has a "people" park and the falls and a dog park.

You also can be close to the river and the trails on the river road are great too.

Uptown, Lake of the Isles/Kenwood area is nice for the same reasons except instead of the river you have the chain of lakes to walk around.  There is a dog park on Lake of the Isles.

Good luck,
    Melissa
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the Shoreview/Blaine/*** Rapids area.  There are lots of walking paths and a dog park close by. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I second longfellow if you want a great dogpark and great trails too, although in MacGroveland (where I am) there are a ton of parks where dogs run off leash/socialize all the time...albeit not technically dog parks (St. Paul Academy and Groveland are just the two closest to me.)  Both of these areas are extremely safe.  I am not the kind of person who would do well in a suburb, so I can not speak for that.  I like to be able to walk to theaters, restaurants, shops, etc.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I guess it depends on what area of town your DH will be working in.  I have lived in West Calhoun/St. Louis Park area just West of Mpls, very nice near Cedar Lake/Calhoun/Lake of Isles and dog park - also Linden Hills/SW Mpls. is nice over there.

On the East side (east of St. Paul) - Woodbury is probably the nicest suburb (I'm a little biased here) with lots of options, or parts of Como/Mac-Groveland/Highland in St. Paul. 

Slightly North between the two cities - Roseville and St. Anothony have some nice parts.

I also have some firends living South in Apple Valley which is very family friendly area. Apple Valley/Rosemount/Lakeville area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"