Minnesota Babies

VBAC

I'm only 4wks 3days preg with my 2nd child, my first was breech and had a c-section. I was told after delivering her that the hospital (Fairview Lakes) only does repeat csections. Anyone here have a VBAC? Where? What Dr?
My insurance is pretty open. I love my Dr, but I really want to give a VBAC a try.
imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
(in memory of a sweet baby boy)
11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k

Re: VBAC

• Hi.  I had an emergency c-section with my first at Woodwinds in Woodbury.  The Dr I am going with for #2 performed the c-section (I was seeing midwives).  I am also going to try a VBAC, but was told I can't go to Woodwinds, because they don't have the trained staff that might be able to handle possible complications should they arise.  However, St. John's in Maplewood is an option  (near Maplewood Mall off 694) .  Not sure how far away that is for you, but not too bad from Northern Wash County.  My Dr is in Woodbury, but I think the hospital website has a list of affiliated Drs.

I've also seen something somewhere about a clinic that has a high success rate in VBACs in I think Shoreview?  Might want to look into that as well.

• I had an emergency c-section at St. John's last year and my doctor had talked to me about have a vbac but my pelvis is too small and a baby would never come out that way.  But it sure sounds like the can handle it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I forgot one thing - I would throw up a little caution about the HealthEast hospitals.  Because they are assoc. with the Catholic Church, there is one drug they can not administer to help progress labor.  One of the reasons I needed to have a c-section at Woodwinds was because my labor wouldn't progress.  If this drug would have been administered, I would have delivered without a c-section.  However, it's the same drug used in abortions, so the hospitals prohibit it.  But, if your like me, if I get to that point again I will likely just have another c-section.
  • Thanks so much!! Do you remember the name of the place in Shoreview? I live in Forest Lake so I am pretty open to places within a 30mile radius.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Try Dr Pearson at the HealthEast Vadnais Heights Clinic. She's a Family Phys who delivers at St Johns in Maplewood. My sister-in-law had a successful VBAC at St Johns w/Dr Pearson.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • Hi.  OK I found the info on the MN local boards of BabyCenter.com - but had to search back a bit to Feb/Jan posts.  There were quite a few recommendations there for this clinic actually.

Generations Clinic - Shoreview
    1030 Cty Rd E West, Ste 200 (Lexington/Cty Rd E)
    Shoreview
    651-490-0433

Dr. Laura France was the recommended OB and she delivers at St. John's/St. Joe's.  She works with a team of CNMs as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"