Multiples
Options

Just got asked...

I went in to get fitted for a good nursing bra (I'm having some engorgement issues and the lactation consultant suggested a good fitting) and the lady in the store was like... oh well we wait to do that until after you deliver, when are you due?

Ugh... I knew my belly looked big but not THAT big!  I obviously still look hugely pregnant.

So when does the initial belly-shrinking happen?  I know it's gradual but when can I expect to see a little bit of change?  I'd like to not look quite so pregnant :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just got asked...

• Options
    oh sweetie, it's only been four days!

don't worry, it'll happen pretty quickly. but at least you have an excellent excuse (2 of them!) for your belly!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

I'm not the norm...I just looked chubby when I left the hospital- and I was swollen everywhere. My swelling in my ankles/feet didn't go down until I was home.

You just gave birth 4 days ago. I'm pretty sure that you are still going to have that pooch for a few weeks- and if it's twin skin it's yours to keep! :) My twin skin is now hanging oh so lovingly on the bottom of my pg belly!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

definitely not within the first few days!  I'd say at least 1 week later, and i still had a belly that was due to a larger uterus at 6 weeks. Around 7-8 weeks, that went down (and then my weight went up because i was not being very healthy!)

• Options
    It took me 10 days for the swelling to go down - I def still looked preggo in our first pictures at home!
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was walking the halls after my c-section and the nurse who taught our birthing classes asked if I was here visiting someone and if my due date was coming up.  You would think nurses and lactation consultants would realize it is completely normal for your belly not to immediately shrink!  Give it one more week and you will notice a big change.  It took your uterus 8-9 months to stretch out so it takes some time to shrink again!
  • Options
    Aw, that stinks!  I'm sorry.  I know a girl IRL who was at BRU with her 3 month old and was asked when she was due!
  • Options
    I had to go to urgent care when the boys were five days old and two people asked me when I was due, including the dr!!
    I would say it was several weeks before I didn't look pg anymore.  I had lost all the weight by 3 mos pp, but still had a big pooch.  Sorry I don't have better news  :(
  • Options

My belly shrinkage never happend. I seriously wish I was kidding. I'm almsot 14m post and people ask me all the time when baby #3 is due. I've only physically assulted four people, which I think is pretty good :P

Something you can do to help with the appearance is to find a post surigical wrap. I know you went vaginally but the wrap will help to smoosh your belly and your organs back into position.

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I bound my belly and that seemed to help.  I had a section and used the wrap they gave me for support.  I wore it 24/7 with the exception of showers. 

When that got too big I used either spanx or I bound with ace bandages. 

Totally reccomend it.

• Options
    I've been thinking of doing the belly binding... I might just give it a try... couldn't hurt right? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"