3rd Trimester
Options

Do people really buy off registrys?

There have only been 4 items bought off my registry. My showers are in a week! I'm seriously hoping this is not an indication of how many people show up for my showers.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Do people really buy off registrys?

• Options

I feel ya, we invited close to 100 people to my shower and like 10 people have RSVP and mine is Saturday. I am trying not to use the registery as a guide because people don't always use it and will buy what they want. Plus they may print up the registry and but the items somewhere else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think some people do and others just like to buy clothes - especially when you're expecting a girl. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had about 25 people that came to my shower and yeah they did actually purchase several things off of our registry. Travel system, swing, bouncer, highchair, glass bottles, burts bees baby products, monitor, boppy and slip cover and the baby proofing type things.
  • Options

I've been told a lot dont buy off registries.. They might use em as a guide and if they find stuff cheaper somewhere else they get it there..Or buy it without it getting marked off a registry..

I only have 23 items on mine (we have everything else) and put Def no clothes on the invites..I'm afraid to look at my registry and see nothing picked up but I'm sure they got something..

• Options
    Everyone at my shower bought off my registry.  I was really lucky.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was lucky and got a lot of the major stuff from my registry.  I also didn't get a ton of clothes, which was a pleasant surprise.  
  • Options
    Uh no, not in my experience.  But we didn't plan on even having a shower, so buying everything was totally expected.  We have an overwhelming amount of clothes & blankets however.
  • Options

#1 some poeple use it and forget to tell their cashier

#2 some people never RSVP

#3 a lot of people don't buy their shower gift until the day before

#4 some people hate buying off of registries(like my mother) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't set up a registry, so our guest are going to have to. 
  • Options
    I just had my shower this past weekend and I was really suprised at how many people did NOT buy off our registry...We really didn't get anything we needed. We basically got all clothes, socks, and blankets, our worst fear! We just had to return everything and get what we needed...everything worked out in the end I suppose. But GL to you and I hope you receive everything you need for you LO
  • Options
    Only one or two people shopped off of my registry for my showers with DS1 and DS2. Fortunately DH and I were in a position where we could afford to buy all that we needed.
  • Options
    I think only 3 things were bought off our registry, the rest was clothes and blankets.
  • Options
    imagelotsofbustles:

#1 some poeple use it and forget to tell their cashier

#2 some people never RSVP

#3 a lot of people don't buy their shower gift until the day before

#4 some people hate buying off of registries(like my mother) 

YES! 

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    You are going to sleep better when your shower is over.Smile It's funny how much we stress about this stuff. I'm sure alot of people will wait until the last minute. I had 10 things bought on the DAY OF.
  • Options

Alot of people buy at the last second.  For this last shower, more than half of our guests bought the day of the shower (it was a 4 pm shower, on the weekend).  Remember that if you are registered at a place like BRU, it is probably inconvenient for your guests to go there, so they're not just going to pick something up randomly, but will instead have to make a separate, special trip--and usually you don't even think of doing that until the shower is close. 

We did get alot off our registry from the first shower-the next is in a week and a half.  However, we started buying the things we would need for the baby really early, so that we could financially spread it all out, and we don't *need* anything off our registries because of that (we have an "essentials" list still, but its well within our abilities to take care of within a couple of weeks).  Also, because I started shopping early, people also realize that they can't just go buy me whatever they want and expect me to still need it.  The family all knows I've been taking care of things myself for the last few months. 

• Options
    I have three things we would like to have on the registry (jogging stroller, bouncy chair and swing) and the rest is there so people have an idea of a bunch of fun things they could buy. We are in the position that we can buy those three things after the shower so its all good. I have bought everything else that I had my heart set on. I felt strange about creating the registry in the first place.
  • Options
    Hardly anyone bought stuff off our registry. Instead I got a ton of clothes for our girl. Good stuff, but I'm going this weekend to buy everything else I need!
  • Options
    anymore I dont know.  I dont know the sex of the baby yet I got a million onsies and hardly anything off my registry. DH and I went and spent another 1k at BRU getting the essentials just to get us by.
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hardly anyone bought off our registry.  We got our PNP, bouncy seat and some bottles.  Otherwise, it was all clothes and blankets.  I was pretty disappointed, but I've heard that's pretty common , especially with girls (and I just about lost it when someone said "your registry is no fun!"  Sorry I wanted a bathtub for the baby...)  So, we'll be doing more shopping in the coming weeks...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagedinky077:

I feel ya, we invited close to 100 people to my shower and like 10 people have RSVP and mine is Saturday.

Indifferent 

• Options
    Depends on your family.  Both of our families are strict registry buyers.  I only have one aunt and one cousin who are not.  So everything I got was off of my registry. 
  • Options

I keep hearing that nobody ever uses them, but my shower is in 3 weeks and I've already received some things off my registry (didn't open them yet though). 

We are getting so many hand-me-downs from my aunt and SIL that we don't need any clothing. I already have 2 large rubbermaid bins full of clothes from 0-6 months and that isn't even all of it yet! My mother mentioned this on the invite, saying we were all set on clothing. If people buy us clothes, we'll just exchange them or donate them.

I'm a strict registry buyer- I know how much research I did on all the baby stuff I selected, and I just assume other people put the same amount of effort into theirs. 

• Options
    I think it is so strange that people choose not to buy off of the registry. A couple goes through the motions of adding to a registry to say "this is what we really need". I know this older woman who says she doesn't believe in registries??? What is to "believe" .... what does that even mean? I think all gifts are completely generous, but it really helps when they look at the registry and say "oh, this is what they need/want". I feel bad for couples who just get piles of cloths - that is not what you need...cheap copout. That is why you are supposed to put items in all price ranges on the registry so that people with less cash to spend have an option of only spending so much, but at least it is for something you really need (pacifiers, A&D, diapers, teething rings, etc). We did luck out and get all the major things off of ours. That is such a HUGE/greatly appreciated help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm prepared to receive a ton of outfits and blankets (which is why I've tried not to go too crazy buying clothes). I consider it a nice bonus if people shop off the registry. A gift's a gift, regardless, so I will be thankful.
  • Options

imagetanislynn:
    I think only 3 things were bought off our registry, the rest was clothes and blankets.

This! We got a lot of clothes, blankets, and then a few gift cards that we used to buy items that we needed.

• Options

My shower was last weekend & I got almost every single thing off my registry.  My guests were very generous, I was really lucky. 

Edit:  I think the fact that we are team green had something to do w/ how many registry items we received.  People like to buy gender specific clothing so if the gender is known you have to expect that will happen.  We were prepared to buy every single thing for our LO, so anything I got that we needed was just a bonus to us.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"