2nd Trimester

Rh negative

So I am Rh negative and my DH is positive.  I know that I will have to get the Rhogam (sp) shot, but when is that typically given?  I have discussed it with my doctor, but only at my first appt.  Ever since, he has not mentioned it.  I know he knows what he is doing, but I just think the first shot must be coming pretty soon right?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10

Re: Rh negative

• LCB34LCB34 member
    Usually it is between 26-32 weeks and then again after delivery.
  • Usually you would get it around 28 weeks or so.  If you bleed, you will get it.  You will also get a shot right after birth and the baby might get one too, if he/she are Rh +.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • You don't HAVE to get it.  It's just recommended.  Some women wait to see if baby is Rh+ or Rh- after birth & then get the shot if LO has a + blood type.

If you choose to get it, it's typically given at 28 wks & then again after birth if LO has a + blood type. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Mine is at 28 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine is at 28 weeks and then after the baby is born. I already had one at 5 or 6 weeks due to bleeding I was having and it is not bad. My husband was more freaked out by it than I was. I think it is worth it for peace of mind.
  • mine is at 28 weeks, i posted about this last night if you want to look back for the posts!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is 28 weeks also. I think that's the norm.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"