North Carolina Babies
Options

XP: people with nut allergies, or anyone with an opinion

Warning: Some of this might be TMI and it's long, sorry.

I've never had a problem eating any kind of nut, but last Friday I got some cocoa roasted almonds (the kind that someone here recommended) and I ate some as a snack, then had lunch and shortly after I got some really awful stomach cramps.

I had been kind of extra gassy (only at night) the two days prior so I thought maybe I'd picked up a bug and it had finally made itself known.

My stomach hurt all night and I didn't eat dinner b/c of the pain, but I never got sick or went to the bathroom. I think I would have felt better if I could have done either of those things, but it never happened.

The next morning I woke up and felt fine so I didn't think anything else about it until that afternoon when I ate some more almonds as a snack and immediately the pain came back. 

I thought it must be something about the almonds so I haven't eaten any more, but every day since then I get the cramps after almost every meal. The only thing that I eat that doesn't really upset my stomach is yogurt. 

They are painful in varying degrees and last anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. I keep thinking I'm going to be sick or have to go to the bathroom, but nothing ever happens. Except once on Monday afternoon I had to run to the bathroom three times in about twenty minutes, but that's it. I've been trying to watch what I eat and only eat mild foods, but it doesn't really seem to matter.

So I'm wondering if nuts can mess up your stomach for that long or if it's something else entirely.

I have a Dr's appointment next week and I'd like to hold off until then to see a dr. Actually I'd like it to go away, but I'm not sure at this point what the problem is. I've googled, but mostly I just get a long list of serious illnesses that make me paranoid.

Thoughts? (I'm not pregnant)

Re: XP: people with nut allergies, or anyone with an opinion

• Options
    Allergies can manifest themselves in many ways. I'm really allergic to nuts and get severe reactions when I eat the actual nut, but if I just eat something that is fried in a nut oil, I have the exact reaction that you described. Not nearly as serious as the whole nut, but definitely something. So, it sounds to me like that is the culprit. I'd definitely make an appt with an allergist to check it out. Good luck! (And stay away from those almonds :-) )
  • Options
    I am allergic to peanuts, eggs and dairy.  If I eat any of these or a combination of them, I will end up with terrible stomach pain an eventually diarreha.  If I just have a glass of milk, I don't feel bad but if I continually eat or drink dairy, I will be sick, samething applies to the others.  Check with your Dr.  I have severe allergies.  I was tested for just about everything you can imagine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"