1st Trimester

intro and question

Hey ladies. This is my first time on the bump. I just found out I'm five weeks. Things are a bit crazy. DH just got a job and I'm still looking. I'm currently on a temp insurance that doesn't cover pregnancy, but DH should be getting family insurance soon.

I was planning on going for my first appointment as soon as we are insurance (maybe next week or the week after) but today I am having some really really light spotting.

No cramps or anything, and I did have sex last night so it could be that, but I'm not sure if i should call up PP or just wait and see if it gets worse.

I really have no idea what I'm doing right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: intro and question

• Excuse me...do I understand correctly?  Were you trying to get pregnant when there is no insurance coverage to cover a pregnancy? 

Other than that, congrats, and I hope everything works out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • First, congrats!!!!

I had some spotting after having sex for the first time since I found out I was pregnant.  I've also been spotting on and off for the past week, but my doctor said that wasn't abnormal.

And don't worry...a lot of us have no idea what's going on!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemonkiem:

Excuse me...do I understand correctly?  Were you trying to get pregnant when there is no insurance coverage to cover a pregnancy? 

No. It was an accident. Unemployment = too much time to get in trouble.

We're okay financially, but yes, I am freaking out about the lack of pregnancy insurance. Hopefully that will be resolved shortly.

• imagelinzica:
    imagemonkiem:

Excuse me...do I understand correctly?  Were you trying to get pregnant when there is no insurance coverage to cover a pregnancy? 

We're okay financially, but yes, I am freaking out about the lack of pregnancy insurance. Hopefully that will be resolved shortly.

Not good...I think that your DH's insurance should cover your pregnancy since you had a policy in effect at the time of conception - however, they may not be legally obligated to, since your policy did not have pregnancy coverage.  You may have a waiting period before it kicks in, for you to pay out of pocket until that point.

You REALLY need to have your DH speak to his HR person or his insurance carrier to find out about this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemonkiem:
    imagelinzica:
    imagemonkiem:

Not good...I think that your DH's insurance should cover your pregnancy since you had a policy in effect at the time of conception - however, they may not be legally obligated to, since your policy did not have pregnancy coverage.  You may have a waiting period before it kicks in, for you to pay out of pocket until that point.

You REALLY need to have your DH speak to his HR person or his insurance carrier to find out about this. 

His insurance doesn't consider pregnancy a pre-existing condition, but it's not great insurance. It is, better than what i'm on, so we're working on getting it all in motion.

• imageheckysue:

That's a little tough.  If the bleeding is not heavy or red there's a good chance your doctor would tell you to just call if it gets worse or has red in it anyway but I personally would rather be safe than sorry.  If you have a primary OB that you're already a patient of I'd call and ask (and even if you don't, can't hurt).  They probably won't have you come in for $1 million worth of tests unnecessarily but they can give you some guidelines on when you SHOULD go in.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks. That's great advice. I just called, and they, unfortunately, were not at all helpful. They just told me to go to the emergency room. Oy.

• imagemonkiem:
    imagelinzica:
    imagemonkiem:

all of this!

if you are concerned go to the ER as the doc said.  You said you were financially okay so an er visit shouldn't be a big deal, right?  You are about to find out why good health coverage is important when considering having a child.  Sorry if this come off snarky, but...

• I really don't think you need to go to the emergeny room unless it continues and gets worse - they can't do anything for you anyways I don't think other than tell you if things are ok or not - nice to know, but maybe not worth the huge bill.

Your first appt with the Dr probably wouldn't be untill 8-9 weeks anyways - when does his insurance kick in?

• I had some light spotting today too.  I called my doctor and spoke with a nurse.  She said if I wasn't cramping and I wasn't bleeding heavy, it is probably nothing to worry about.  According to the nurse I spoke with they cannot usually find a heartbeat via u/s until at least six weeks so there really isn't much they would be able to tell you.  My opinion is that a trip to the ER would be an unnecessary expense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"