December 2010 Moms
Options

Will you be starting any new family traditions of your own?

Neither of us come from families with a lot of traditions.  I thought it would be nice as this is the beginning of our family, why not start one?  

What we're planning as a new tradition is every year, H and I would each take our own trip with LO by ourselves so we each have our own special weekend.  (Obviously this wouldn't happen in the first couple of years.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will you be starting any new family traditions of your own?

• Options
    Love that idea, my parents did that with us (3 kids in our family) and it really made us feel special.
  • Options

If we are not traveling for Christmas (most of the time the big family event is only 15 minutes away, but not always) then we want to have a nice big breakfast and open our stockings first thing in the morning just the three of us.

We've done this for the past two years since we've been married and it's really nice to start the day off a little more calmly before heading out to see the extended family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have a VERY close family and have lots of fun traditions!  For christmas eve we all go to my parents and watch Christmas Vacation.  Is a great way to wind down and then afterward the kids go to be and we do the "santa" stuff.  Great bonding time for the adults too.

For out birthdays we all have a special event we do for each one.  Mom (july) - 2 day river trip,  Dad (dec) day of skiing as a family, Me (sept) - Horse camp for labor day weekend, brother (Jan) - stay at a cabine with friend/family in the snow.  Makes our birthday's tons of fun, lots of friends come and join in. 

Love your idea too!  Things like this make for so many great memories!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Definitely, but I'm not sure yet what they'll be! My family had 4 kids and my mom and dad worked full time, so things were always way too busy to do too many consistent traditions.

I think a lot of our family's new traditions will be around Christmas time - it's really a special time of year for DH and I... we had our first date, engagement, wedding, and now due date all in December!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"