Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Second day at work and a slap in the face...

Well I am back at work this week after m/c last week. I was worried my students would be bugging me to know why I wasn't at school all week but it hasn't been too bad.

However, today students were bugging me at lunch (grade 12 students) asking me if I had decided to just go away on a cruise. They were all joking around when one of the girls says "I know - you're pg and you had m/s all week". EUGH. I walked away so fast because I could just feel the emotions starting to boil...

I know she had no way of knowing and doesn't know and it was just a random comment, but reminders are difficult.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Second day at work and a slap in the face...

• Options

I'm a high school teacher as well, and when I missed a couple of days a couple of weeks ago to have my D&C my students were full of all sorts of questions when I came back. One even said I probably just wanted an extra long weekend. Going back was hard enough as it was, and it certainly doesn't help to hear insensitive comments. I don't know about you, but my first day back at school was much harder than I thought it would be. Life didn't feel normal to me even though I was trying to pretend it was. Good luck to you in the healing process!  

• Options

imageTeacherVicky:
    They were all joking around when one of the girls says "I know - you're pg and you had m/s all week".

wow, are you serious?!?!  i can't believe anyone would say that as a joke!  i'm so sorry you had to hear that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kids have no filters.  I'm sorry you experienced that.  :-(
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had to have a comment like that, kids really have no filter.  I am a teacher as well but my students are non verbal, however some of the adults had some tips for me when I went back and it just made me fell like crap. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"