2nd Trimester
Options

has your belly suddenly grown a lot???

Hi Girls,

I'm 19 weeks and I feel like my belly has popped out dramatically in the past 2 weeks. I also feel that at different times of the day it looks a lot bigger than at other times.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Re: has your belly suddenly grown a lot???

• Options
    imagetallica55:

Hi Girls,

?I also feel that at different times of the day it looks a lot bigger than at other times.

I'm a month behind you but I especially feel like my belly gets bigger and smaller at different times through out the day. Around 5 pm until after dinner it gets much bigger and harder?

• Options
    Hasn't happened to me yet! I'm hoping it does soon though :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm further along than you but yesterday a student told me I looked "like 20" bigger than I had on Friday".  What a sweetheart :)
  • Options
    Nice! I'm a teacher too and every time a certain 1st grader sees me in the halls she says "you're REALLY pregnant."  Charming. LOL
  • Options
    I swear I literally popped overnight.  At 24w6d I went to bed looking slightly chubby - a stranger never would have asked if I was pregnant.  At 25 weeks exactly I woke up HUGE and now I'm starting to get the "Wow, you must be ready to go soon" comments.  It was ridiculous.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    prepare yourself..i swear mine grows every day lately!!  its insane!!  I wasn't really showing at all until just before 17 weeks...then i had a tiny bump...and then i started exploding! Tongue Tied
  • Options

imagetallica55:
    Nice! I'm a teacher too and every time a certain 1st grader sees me in the halls she says "you're REALLY pregnant."  Charming. LOL

I wish I could say I'm an elementary teacher.  The student who told me that was a junior girl! 

• Options

At about 21 wks, everyone I know started commenting that I popped. I got my first stranger comments, too. 

There are still clothes and days I feel like I just look fat and not pregnant, but they're becoming fewer and further between. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've recently noticed many coworkers looking at my belly before looking at my face....so I am guessing yes. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I agree with you on the belly looking bigger at certain times of the day.  But you can definitely tell that I am pregnant.

• Options
    I seemed to grow over night as well.  We have a house full of sliding glass doors and I walked past one last night and caught a glimps of myself......not good.  I look like a cow.
  • Options
    Yep! But mine didn't happen until 27 weeks - I went from looking like I had a beer belly to looking pg. Now it seems everyday I wake up its growing...kind of scary actually.
  • Options

imagekatie277s:
    I've recently noticed many coworkers looking at my belly before looking at my face....so I am guessing yes. 

This makes me so self-conscious.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine definately has. I finally feel like I look kinda preg rather than fat lol. By evening it's definately harder too. But I know its there, cos its always there, its there when I wake up! Lol.
  • Options
    imageLuckyVaCpl:
    imagetallica55:

Hi Girls,

I also feel that at different times of the day it looks a lot bigger than at other times.

I'm a month behind you but I especially feel like my belly gets bigger and smaller at different times through out the day. Around 5 pm until after dinner it gets much bigger and harder 

This!

• Options
    Happened to me around the same time.  Someone at work who didn't know I was PG jokingly asked if it happened over night! LOL  One day my belly was just "big".  And yes, it still changes shape throughout the day. 
  • Options
    Yea, when I was around 19 weeks it just like bam.. grew like crazy! Also, in the past 4 days or so my belly has gotten much bigger. It's so neat. My belly button is nearly flat!! (and it was kinda deep to begin with) lol

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My belly has gotten a lot bigger in the last week. It's shocking how fast it grows!!
    image image

• Options
    At around 22 weeks, I got the most reaction to my belly growth from friends and family. Everyone could "tell" I was pregnant between 15-20 weeks, but it was around 22 weeks I collectively heard reactions like "oh, wow! look at that belly growing!"... even strangers came out with their comments, thankfully no one has been rude. :)
    BabyFruit TickerimageimageimagePhotobucket
  • Options
    Yes! I went from not really having much of a belly to suddenly having a noticeable bump. I think I am finally out of the "is she fat/is she pregnant" stage. It definitely feels bigger at night too.
  • Options
    There are times of the day that I feel bigger.  I think I'm in slight denial that my belly is getting bigger though.  I swear the mirrors in my house are deceiving, but from my point of view my belly looks huge.  Then I look in the mirror and I'm like, oh that's not that bad...then I ask my husband...hahaha, he's so honest and just gives me this look ----->  Indifferent
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My belly definitely increased around 19 weeks, and again around 23 weeks.  I think it looks bigger in the evenings and after meals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"