Georgia Babies

crib: fail

So yeah....trying to get Lily to sleep in her crib went great the first night.  The second night it was just ok.  Night three....she wound up in our room in the basinett that she is clearly too big for.  :(  Same thing last night.  We started out in the crib and she kept waking every 30 minutes until 2 am when I couldn't take it anymore and stuck her in the bassinet. At this rate I'm going to have a two year old in a bassinet with arms and legs hanging out the sides.

I'm so exhausted. :(  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crib: fail

• You need a hug.

I know she is being stubborn but it may be time for you to be MORE STUBBORN.  And I am a big fat hypocrite for saying that bc I am too weanie to make P give up her pacifier.  I feel like I am being such a big baby about it myself I should walk around with one, too.

BUT...since you know what its like to have the LUXURY of your own room keep in in mind as you go through the 3 or 4 days (nights) of misery.  By the 3rd or 4th night you may not even hear the whiny type "I am not getting my way" crying anymore bc you will be so tired.

• I felt so bad for you when I read this! Every 30 minutes? Yikes! You know all that stuff they say about it taking 3-4 days when there is a change in routine for the child to get used to it? Ya, sometimes that's true; sometimes it takes a little longer. Hopefully at some point you will get fed up enough that you will be able to get through it and let her stay all night. But from my experience, I was not able to do it until I was just totally done. One night I decided there was NO WAY I was going in to get DS, and I committed to it, even though I just about lost it on several occasions. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck, just keep trying.
  • I know how you feel! We did this when Macy was 4 months old and it took about a week for her to sleep in her crib. DH and I both slept in the guest room across from her room and took turns going in and soothing her after 10 minutes. Yes, it was exhausting but well worth it in the end. Keep trying and remember it will get better. She is just getting use to her new area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • kepkep member
    Hang in there! It's hard at first, but be persistent.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Keep trying!  Max did the same thing the first couple of nights (we started to do naps in crib before though, but they only lasted 15 -20 min) but he finally started sttn after about a week.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry! Its hard and definitely takes some time!

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"