Pregnant after 35
Options

Birth story (long)

So...  On Sunday the 14th I caught a stomach bug from my kids.  I felt horrible!!!  I had my regular doctor's appointment the next day, so I just sucked it up and put up with it for 24 hours.  At my 2 PM appointment, they sent me next door to the hospital to get IV fluids, since they figured I was pretty dehydrated. 

I got over there and they checked me in.  I was contracting, but everyone figured it was dehydration.  They gave me a liter of IV fluids, thinking the contractions would stop and they drew labs (since I have PIH anyway).

By 4 PM I was contracting every 2 minutes, the IV fluids weren't helping and my platelet count was low.  My doctor decided to do the c section that night!  I didn't have my bag, a shower, my husband, my kids....  I got on the phone, got it all sorted out and I was in the OR by 5:30.

Colin Timothy was born at 6:12 PM 3/15.  He was 37 5/7 weeks so he spent one night in the nursery with the nurses watching his breathing, but he had no problems.  We came home on St. Patrick's Day and I haven't slept since!    He is beautiful and perfect and his siblings adore him.  

I hope everyone else has an experience as positive and memorable!!

Re: Birth story (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"