Secondary IF
Options

So- looks like my first pregnancy (and wonderful toddler) was just a "lucky fluke."

Those words had me in tears.

What he thinks is happening is that my body is producing the chemicals (progesterone) that says I ovulated (in blood) but that instead I never really expel the egg....so, once a follicle reaches 20 (whatever the unit is) then I am suppose to "trigger- orvidrel. We are also supposed to have a post coital test -If it comes back not good or the husband's SA come back not optimal- they are going to wash them and insert them. Here is the other thing- he said that its pretty likely that the finger things on the end of the fallopian tubes have adhesions or scar tissue - but the HSG (the x ray) will tell us more

I left crying....cause likely diagnosis include the following:1) ovulatory dysfunction, 2) adhesions/scar tissue 3) something about a lutenhizing dysfunction 4) no idea how much all these fun things (multiple sonograms/blood test) will cost and most importantly 5) I feel like when I DID get pregnant, I took it for granted and didn't like it like I should have. And knowing that there is a real possibility that it may never happen again has me in dispair (read bawling my eyes out).

Anybody have success with clomid/orvidrel? 

I'd really really appreciate hearing them. 

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.

Re: So- looks like my first pregnancy (and wonderful toddler) was just a "lucky fluke."

• Options

I got for my beta tomorrow, but this cycle seems to be the one for me with clomid & ovidrel.

I did 100mg of clomid (with no results) and then 150 mg of clomid and ovidrel trigger with TI.

Best of luck! A lot of women seem to get pg the cycle of or the cycle after the HSG.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesmbd:

I got for my beta tomorrow, but this cycle seems to be the one for me with clomid & ovidrel.

I did 100mg of clomid (with no results) and then 150 mg of clomid and ovidrel trigger with TI.

Best of luck! A lot of women seem to get pg the cycle of or the cycle after the HSG.

Thank you for your encouragement. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Iowa! No tears!! He didn't say "You can't ever get pregnant."  I know it's frustrating.  But it's not over and it's not hopeless! 

A LOT of people have success with what he's suggesting. 

Get through the testing and finding out exactly what is wrong and then go from there. 

*hugs*

• Options
    (((HUGS)))
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options
    imageMrsT1209:

Iowa! No tears!! He didn't say "You can't ever get pregnant."  I know it's frustrating.  But it's not over and it's not hopeless! 

A LOT of people have success with what he's suggesting. 

Get through the testing and finding out exactly what is wrong and then go from there. 

*hugs*

Did my husband call you?! did he tell you to say that?!

(cause that's almost verbatum!)

Thanks Mrs. T.

• Options

Sometimes we just need someone else to tell us not to give up even when it feels hopeless.

Tons of women get pregnant right after their HSG.  I hope that will be the case for you! 

• Options
    imageMrsT1209:

Sometimes we just need someone else to tell us not to give up even when it feels hopeless.

Tons of women get pregnant right after their HSG.  I hope that will be the case for you! 

He did say the month of and the month following....we shall see, I guess. 

How are you feeling?

• Options

It helps to just clear everything out.  Kind of like Drano for the ute. =P

I'm nauseous from morning til night, peeing almost every hour and tired.  Ready to hunt down whoever invented blue dye tests to kindly ask them to die in a fire.

• Options

My first attempt with Clomid+Ovidrel=my triplets!

Though now that we are trying for my second pregnancy, I did not have success with Clomid+Ovidrel, and we are moving on to injectables.

Good luck!!!

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that must have been very hard to hear.  But the good news is that he has a plan for treatment and hopefully you will have success then.  Don't beat yourself up too much over how you felt about the last pregnancy.  While awesome, pregnancy can also be a real drag when you are in the middle of it.  :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

That initial diagnosis stings no matter when or how it is delivered. We had both of our boys with injectable meds and ovidrel/ insemination.

This method can and does make babies! Your body has shown that it is capable of getting pregnant, and carrying a baby. That is pretty amazing!

It is so scary in the beginning of treatment, but you will take the steps necessary one at a time! We are here!

• Options

The diagnosis is always one of the hardest parts of this process.  I am sorry this is so hard for you Hon.  Chin up and stay strong.

(((HUGS)))

• Options
    Come back around more often, we'll lift you up and give you hope and support when you need it the most. *hugs*
  • Options
    Oh honey, don't get ahead of yourself.  I remember feeling devastated after getting all the bad news when TTC my DD.  It did turn out to be okay.  With clomid/ovidrel and IUI, the result is in my siggy.  Hang in there!
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about all the bad news.  Don't give up though.  Try and stay positive, even though it is so difficult.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, IF sucks! You have tons of support here. You are not out of options yet, keep you head up! /hugs
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"