San Diego Babies
Options

Stretch Marks!!!

Im 14 weeks pregnant.  And I think I've overdone the stretch mark cream.  I bought "bio-oil", "coco butter",""stretch mark lotion", "stretch mark ointment", "and stretch mark oil," and my skin is starting to feel dry!!! Does anyone know of a cream or oil that actually works for stretch mark prevention and skin hydration? :)

Re: Stretch Marks!!!

• Options
    I use Bella B tummy butter for night time and burts bee mama stuff (sorry, I don't remember the exact name, but it comes in a round tin and can be found at Target) for the day time. I used it all throughout my pregnancy with my son and I never had one stretch mark. I'm using it religiously this pregnancy and so far, so good! I hate the scented stuff - it gives me a headache. But, I've also heard that Mama Mio is good - but I couldn't stand the smell!
  • Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...creams don't do it...genetics do!  Read the books and they all tell you that if it's in your genes to get stretch marks no cream will prevent them...but if it's not in your genes to get stretch marks you're not going to get them!!!  How lucky are those people?  I'm at 28 weeks and haven't gotten any yet but I'm quite sure my Mum did so I'm bracing for the worst.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I carried twins and never used any stretch mark cream and never got them.  My mom also carried twins and never got stretch marks.  I believe it's all about genetics.

Good luck!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No amount of cream was going to keep the stretch marks from coming for me :) I definitely believe it's genetics.
    Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"