Baby Names

girls names that end with -yn

my daughters name is brooklyn and we are having #2 and dont know what it is yet (its waaayyy early) but i still like to think about it.  what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn?

I like Londyn and Ardyn......

Re: girls names that end with -yn

• I'm not really a fan of the "yn" ending.  I can't think of a single name where it's the original spelling.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Adalyn
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelaneigh:
    I'm not really a fan of the "yn" ending.  I can't think of a single name where it's the original spelling.

i dont care if its the original spelling, i like changing it anyways.  i changed Londyn and Ardyn

• Ashlyn.

Kaitlyn.

Madelyn. 

And I'm not usually a fan of the random /y/ but I taught a girl named Lauryn. It didn't seem too off the wall of a spelling and since she was so darn cute, the alternative spelling kind of grew on me. 

• imagemrscrowell5308:

imageMelaneigh:
    I'm not really a fan of the "yn" ending.  I can't think of a single name where it's the original spelling.

i dont care if its the original spelling, i like changing it anyways.  i changed Londyn and Ardyn

You do realize you're naming a perosn who will be stuck with that name for life, and not just creating a themed gallery?  Londyn looks ridiculous, and Ardyn looks un-pronounceable, and I even like Arden as a name.

• imageBrookie-Cookie:

uum, it doesnt and im not sure why you posted that.  I asked for suggestions and if you dont like it, dont respond.  no need to post a link to a thread that I obviously wouldnt care about.  I like the idea of changing vowels and i dont really care if anyone else doesnt.  i asked for a suggestion of names, but thanks.

• imageOctoberCAPA:
    imagemrscrowell5308:

imageMelaneigh:

You do realize you're naming a perosn who will be stuck with that name for life, and not just creating a themed gallery?  Londyn looks ridiculous, and Ardyn looks un-pronounceable, and I even like Arden as a name.

wow, some people on this board drank the haterade.  if you dont have a suggestions- then dont reply!!! i didnt ask for opinions, just name suggestions. again, thanks.

• imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

uum, it doesnt and im not sure why you posted that.  I asked for suggestions and if you dont like it, dont respond.  no need to post a link to a thread that I obviously wouldnt care about.  I like the idea of changing vowels and i dont really care if anyone else doesnt.  i asked for a suggestion of names, but thanks.

Everyone is answering your question.

You asked: "what other girl names are pretty and end in -yn?"

People are responding: None, names should not end in -yn. There are not many that are traditionally that way. If someone doesn't like the names, they aren't going to make them up just to suggest a name.

I'm sorry, but I agree. I can't suggest any names because, I don't think there are any names that are pretty that end in -yn. That is my opinion.

AGAIN- i asked for a NAME.  if you dont have one, dont freaking answer.  i dont care if you dont like any that end in -yn. thats your OPINION.  I asked for a name. 

• imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

People are responding: None, names should not end in -yn. There are not many that are traditionally that way. If someone doesn't like the names, they aren't going to make them up just to suggest a name.

I'm sorry, but I agree. I can't suggest any names because, I don't think there are any names that are pretty that end in -yn. That is my opinion.

technically, mj. reilly is right. everyone is answering you. but for real, this may help: https://www.babynames.com/Names/name-index.php. (if it didn't work, you can enter a name ending and it will give you suggestions. good luck!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMelaneigh:

ooo! marilyn!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagettmccoot:
    imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

technically, mj. reilly is right. everyone is answering you. but for real, this may help: https://www.babynames.com/Names/name-index.php. (if it didn't work, you can enter a name ending and it will give you suggestions. good luck!)

thanks for the link.  but honestly, technically mj isnt right.  she didnt give name suggestion and thats what i asked for. its was her opinion of not liking names that end in -yn and that she didnt have any. if you dont have any- then you dont have a suggestion.  and FWIW, reilly  is spelled really.

• I like Madelyn.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrscrowell5308:
    imagettmccoot:
    imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

thanks for the link.  but honestly, technically mj isnt right.  she didnt give name suggestion and thats what i asked for. its was her opinion of not liking names that end in -yn and that she didnt have any. if you dont have any- then you dont have a suggestion.  and FWIW, reilly  is spelled really.

I think you have a problem with always wanting to have the last word.  You don't get to control how people respond to a post.  If you're this defensive to strangers on the internet, what are you going to be like to people who give those names side eye in real life?

Marilyn was a good suggestion.  Taryn isn't too bad, and neither is Madelyn.  Caryn, Camryn, Caitlyn....those are all at least recognizable.

• imageOctoberCAPA:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imagettmccoot:
    imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

I think you have a problem with always wanting to have the last word.  You don't get to control how people respond to a post.  If you're this defensive to strangers on the internet, what are you going to be like to people who give those names side eye in real life?

Marilyn was a good suggestion.  Taryn isn't too bad, and neither is Madelyn.  Caryn, Camryn, Caitlyn....those are all at least recognizable.

hahahaha, actually i do have a problem- DH is out of town and i cant sleep so im lurking on here.  i dont have to have the last word but i certainly wont put up with rudeness over a simple question.  i dont understand what the deal is with some of you girls here. not even sure why you are on this board.....

• Brooklyn and Londyn... This is a JOKE right?

• imageBlueCuracao:

Brooklyn and Londyn... This is a JOKE right?

Um... she already named her daughter Brooklyn, so why would it be a joke?  I think it's a pretty name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrsbird1129:
    imageBlueCuracao:

Um... she already named her daughter Brooklyn, so why would it be a joke?  I think it's a pretty name.

Brooklyn alone is not the issue.  TOGETHER, Brooklyn and Londyn?  Come on now.  What if she has more kids.. Then Parys, Austrya, Chyna...

• imagemrscrowell5308:
    imagettmccoot:
    imagemj.reilly:
    imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

Her name is mj.reilly.  Not really.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMelaneigh:

Carolyn? Caitlyn? Brynn? (so that has an extra "N" but still, it's a name!)

• imageBlueCuracao:
    imagemrsbird1129:
    imageBlueCuracao:

Brooklyn alone is not the issue.  TOGETHER, Brooklyn and Londyn?  Come on now.  What if she has more kids.. Then Parys, Austrya, Chyna...

those dont end in -yn.

• imagemrscrowell5308:
    imageBlueCuracao:
    imagemrsbird1129:
    imageBlueCuracao:

those dont end in -yn.

Lol.

Head on back to 6-12 :)

• Carolyn, Marilyn, Jocelyn, Gwendolyn, Tamryn, Emmalyn - that's all I can think of.
  • I'm Carolyn...I love how you are all generalizing that -yn endings are all made up. Y does get overused in trashy ways, but there are some classic names that have Y's in them as a vowel. I'm amazed at how many idiots pronounce my name Caroline.
    imageimage
  • imageMelaneigh:

Kathryn, Carolyn, Marilyn, and Gwendolyn, are all proper spellings. 

• Kathryn, Jocelyn, Madelyn, Katelyn, Carolyn, Taryn, Marilyn.

The trick is not taking a name that is spelled one way traditionally (Cameron for example) and just adding the "y" to be unique (Camryn).  That looks ugly and like you are trying too hard to make a box set out of your children.

Please avoid themes too.  Brooklyn is NMS but works on its own.  Brooklyn and Londyn?  uhhhhhh... if you don't see the issue with that then there is nothing any of us can say to help you.

• imagesweetheart18:

The trick is not taking a name that is spelled one way traditionally (Cameron for example) and just adding the "y" to be unique (Camryn).  That looks ugly and like you are trying too hard to make a box set out of your children.

We certainly didn't add the "y" to be unique, we did it to girl up a masculine spelling.  

• Kathryn, Carolyn, Ashlyn

Those are the only ones I can think of that aren't "trashy." There maybe others I'm not thinking of, but please be careful with this. Your child is the one who will be stuck with it.

• I love that OP said "haterade".  Go Maury!

I love Jocelyn, Marilyn, and Gwendolyn.  Theme names for siblings are kind of cheesy.  Brooklyn is cute, but pair it with Londyn and it's too much.

• Londyn and Ardyn are horrible. Simply horrible. By your responses to the other posters I can tell you didn't really want any actual opinions so all I can do is hope you have a boy (and don't name him Braydyn).
  • tlongtlong member
    a friend of mine just named her DD Addisyn and i love Brynn and Kailyn (although both of those have two Ns, i'm not sure if that matters)
    Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • imagesweetheart18:

Please avoid themes too.  Brooklyn is NMS but works on its own.  Brooklyn and Londyn?  uhhhhhh... if you don't see the issue with that then there is nothing any of us can say to help you.

The name police are on patrol apparantly.  I'll make sure with my next child to run it by YOU first.  Confused

• imagemeryltheresa:
    imagesweetheart18:

The name police are on patrol apparantly.  I'll make sure with my next child to run it by YOU first.  Confused

I find it hilarious that you said this on THIS board. It isn't like we went to her home, slapped her, and said "NO! And STOP THAT!". She asked, and she received.

• imagesweetheart18:

Kathryn, Jocelyn, Madelyn, Katelyn, Carolyn, Taryn, Marilyn.

I was not asking for help to understand that there is a problem with this. I dont care if you dont like them together. I asked for name SUGGESTIONS!!! and FWIW, I LOVE the name Camryn with a y.  adorable.

• Evelyn / Evie is another one.
  • Ok I actually have a suggestion.

I have a student this year named Paxtyn. I hated even looking at this name to start (it looks like random letters from a dart board) but the girl is such a sweetie it has grown on me.

• I like the Evelyn and Marilyn suggestions.

Ardyn is a little weird to me.

Londyn is cute, but that's my dog's name (sry).

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• Kailyn
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"