Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

? for military ladies

If your DH is serving in the military or if he was when your LO was born, how much did you wind up paying out of pocket for your hospital bills/medical expenses for LO's delivery when all was said and done? (Def. don't need a specific number, but some kind of estimate would be appreciated if you can remember.)

Thanks! :)

Re: ? for military ladies

• Options
    I switched to Tricare standard, so that I could see a civilian doctor closer to my work. I still only paid about $100 out of pocket throughout the whole pregnancy. If I would've stayed on prime and had LO at the military hospital it would have been $0!
  • Options
    Tricare prime- our cost=$0 and I saw a civilian dr because the base here didn't have ob care (but would have been happy with military ob too)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am on Tricare Prime.  Out of pocket expense was $0.  All appointments and such were done at the MTF and anything done elsewhere was covered because it was medically necessary and the services were not offered where we are stationed. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    $45 on tricare standard.
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options

Tricare Prime = $0

I had to see a civilian OB, too, because I moved at 6 months pregnant and the base hospital was full for my due date.

• Options

Tricare Prime = $0

I also went to a civilian practice and saw a Midwife because there isn't a OB on post.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Tricare prime covers pregnancy 100%.

Military Nesties have a lot of info over on the nest.

• Options

Wow. That's great!

Were you guys happy with the care you received? Or if you could do it again would you have preferred to go to a civilian ob/hospital?

• Options

We didn't pay a cent and the prenatal care was OK but in the end I would have chose a civillian doctor. My body is still paying for a vaginal birth that should have never happended! Even the doctors I have seen now that my DH is out of the military say so... Just my experience though.

• Options
    on tricare prime and paid zero. we were able to see a civilian doc and go to a civilian hospital for the birth bc the base here only has a clinic and no prenatal care. but yeah, nothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenowayimpreggo:

Wow. That's great!

Were you guys happy with the care you received? Or if you could do it again would you have preferred to go to a civilian ob/hospital?

I was very unhappy with the on post care that I received, which is why I switched to standard. It was aweful! Once I switched and chose my civilian Dr. I still never paid a single dime during my pregnancy. I had a high risk pregnancy and many many Dr. visits and ultrasounds done and still never paid a dime. Just $45 for the delivery. I had a c-section, so maybe it would have been less with a vaginal delivery.  

I hope the MTF where you are is better! 

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"