1st Trimester
Options

Pregnant!!

Hello...I'm new to the bump as I have no children and just got my first BFP today! My husband and I were extremely lucky. We got pregnant in our first attempt. I am about 5 weeks along.

Nervous about the coming months as we are hoping to move (my dh is hoping to get a transfer out of the state as we're not thrilled with our current location and would like to be closer to family).  But we are so excited! We skyped with my parents and my sister and sent them a photo of the PT...they were completely suprised!! So cool! We ran out to Borders tonight to buy some books. Now I'm just praying everything goes well!

I don't know how to keep this from my friends and co-workers...I think that will be the hardest part.

Any suggestions on when I should tell close friends? Co-workers? I'm worried about getting sick when I'm working...

Thanks!!! 

Re: Pregnant!!

• Options
    I am 5 weeks pregnant myself and we have yet to tell anyone, not even our parents.  I am 31 years old so I'm wanting to be cautious about things.  I have my first appointment next week so if all goes well we're going to tell our parents on St. Patrick's day!  Then I think we're going to wait until after my first trimester before telling extended family and friends, just to make sure I am in the clear.  Haven't decided when I will say anything at work but I figured I will have to do so before I really start showing.
  • Options
    No advice, but CONGRATS and Welcome!!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekirstinhammergren:

Any suggestions on when I should tell close friends? Co-workers? I'm worried about getting sick when I'm working...

Congrats on the BFP! No suggestions on when to tell others. It's a totally personal decision and depends on how you feel about people knowing. We're telling family at 7 weeks (St. Patricks Day) and friends/co-workers around 12 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!

• Options
    Congrats on your BFP and good luck with your pregnancy.  I noticed, for myself,  that the first couple weeks were the hardest to keep the secret and then you get used to it and it isn't as hard anymore.  I also agree with pp, it is a completely personal decision on when to tell people. 
    Melissa, Mom to Audrey 01.11.06, Brianna 04.21.08, Clara 09.09.10 & Baby #4 is on the way!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I told my family and boss- I knew there would be days when I just didn't feel very well and need to go home early, luckily, he's been very understanding.

I waited until about 7-8 wks to tell close friends..and I'm waiting until after 1st tri. to announce on FB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats.  I am about 5 weeks too!
  • Options
    We found out on Saturday and told a few very close friends that night and my parents yesterday. Let's just say there was a lot of shock! No one knew we were trying!! I'm going to wait to tell the rest of my extended family at Easter, but I'll be informing my supervisor at work on Wednesday, as well as the company nurse since I have my physical on Wednesday. I left a message w/the doctor so hopefully I'll get in today for bloodwork.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!  Tell when you are comfortable.  The longer you wait, the less people bug you!  But I can't keep a secret for the life of me so I am sure we will do our reveal this weekend.  Just looking for a big brother shirt.
  • Options

Congratulations!  I'm 5 weeks today after first successful iui attempt!  Took 2 years to get to this point!  We have only told a few people because they knew we were doing iui and were asking how it worked.  We didn't want to lie to them so we said yes but asked them to please keep it a secret!  I am telling my Mom in a couple weeks when I see her in person!  First grandchild on both sides :)  Exciting!! 

Whatever you decide is what's right for you and your DH! 

• Options

Thanks for all the welcomes, congratulations and advice! I think I'm going to wait til after my first Doctor Visit to tell my close friends...it's going to be hard!

Congrats to ALL you mommies to be! What an exciting time filled with anticipation!

• Options

Welcome Kristin!

As to when to tell, I told my family and my best friend.  My hubby is supposed to just tell his grandmother.  Unfortunately he blabbed and told his entire work (he's a teacher) and he's still in trouble about that.  My work doesn't know yet and I plan to tell them after my first doctor's visit, unless morning sickness kicks my ass to the point I have to tell them sooner. (So far I've been acidy and not really nauseous, so if that continues, I won't have any reason to tell before then.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"