Babies on the Brain
Options

well that was disheartening.

I went to three different places looking for starter tomatoes, squash, etc. Nowhere here has normal vegetables. They have weird Japanese squash, white eggplant, and Hawaiian lettuce but nothing like roma tomatoes or cucumbers. Which means I have to start everything from seed. Indifferent

I was giving myself the benefit of the doubt with prestarted ones. Starting from seed just seems almost cruel to the poor things.  

imageimageimage

Re: well that was disheartening.

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, my papaw said that plants are usually more successful if you start them from seeds. And he has an awesome garden. Lol
  • Options

imagenikkifudgestick:
    If it makes you feel better, my papaw said that plants are usually more successful if you start them from seeds. And he has an awesome garden. Lol

haha thanks, that's something I guess. I'm just afraid it's kinda late in the season already. Hopefully the whole living in Hawaii thing will balance out my lack of greenthumb.  

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Starting from seed really isn't that difficult. Just get some plastic cups, some good soil, and read online how you should plant them (i.e. how many seeds in each cup for that particular type of vegetable).  Then sit them in a window or even outside (if weather permits) and water them!  You will do great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well good luck!

PS Im totally jealous that you live in Hawaii.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"