Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

tricks for smooth'ness

at night when I feed LO, he'll fall asleep on my chest no problem, but when I try to get up and put him down... it's like "he lady whatcha doing?" with one eye that peeks open then it's hard to get him back to sleep.

right now he's sleeping in a glider in our bedroom. Didn't like the bassenett.

Re: tricks for smooth'ness

• Options

Yeah that is sooo tricky!  I don't have any tips necessarily.  I just go really slow and try to regulate my breathing.  I have gotten to the point that I can get her to the crib but, when I finally lay her down, I have to get my arms out from under her.  And that usually gets her squirming.  But usually she will just stay asleep.  GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually let him snooze a bit on my chest, and then go from there right into a swaddle and then put him down.  He still wakes up briefly but usually will stay calm and go to sleep shortly after.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    REM sleep for babies lasts about 20 minutes or so, so if you hold them for at least that long before putting them down, they'll usually stay asleep. Maybe you're putting him down too soon?
  • Options
    Mina always used to wake up during the transition! And then it was another 20 min of putting my hand on her until she fell asleep in the crib. I know EVERYONE raves about the FP seahorse, but now when I put her in the crib and she's awake, I start that little sucker right up and she's asleep again by the time it's off. Spend the $15 if you haven't already. It's been a life saver for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"