Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How to dry up breastmilk?

I tried breastfeeding, but DS didn't really take to it, so I tried pumping, and my supply steadily decreased no matter what I tried.  So now I have accepted it and have him on formula only.  (I am glad that he got a solid month of breastmilk) 

So now I need to dry up the remaining breastmilk.  I asked my doc and she said to just ignore it.  I haven't pumped for a week now and it hasn't dried up yet.  Any idea how long this will take, or what I can do to dry it up faster?  I've heard about cabbage in the bra and am wondering if that really works?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: How to dry up breastmilk?

• Options
    I wore 2 sports bras 24/7 for about 5 days.  It hurt really badly for a few days, but then it got much better.  I can still get a few drops if i try, but for the most part Im dried up.  I tried cabbage and didnt notice much relief.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The cabbage does relieve the engorgement a bit. Ice packs, and sudafed also helps. Some doctors suggest binding, some don't. Mine did and it still took about ten days for my milk to go away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure, but I swore I heard something about keeping them bound/wrapped...
  • Options
    I've heard Benadryl can help, too.
  • Options
    Sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter and take it as directed on the box.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"