Eco-Friendly Family
Options

considering CD, but how?

Okay, my mom CD'd me back in the 80's, but the rest of her babies she used regular diapers, so I have no experience and haven't seen them used by anyone I know.

I want to try them or something along those lines (considering little g diapers with the cloth inserts) once LO gets here, but here's my big question: what do you do with the siled diapers? I have seen you can get the spray attaachment for the toilet but then what? Do you put them in a bucket of solution before you wash them in the machine? do you let them air dry somewhere before you wash them (yuck!!).

I really want to get away from regular diapers and have told everyone not to get them for us, but i feel a little lost.

TIA for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: considering CD, but how?

• Options

If you exclusively BF, the poop is water soluable, so you don't even have to put it in the toilet first. The diapers just go right in the washer. (well, into a bin until you are ready to wash...and then they all just go into the wash)

Once you add solids, you scrap into the toilet, then just wash.

• Options

definately check out the EFF blog (ecofriendlyfamily.blogspot.com)

We use a rubbermaid trash can with a swing top lid ($8 at Target) along with a Planetwise pail liner (basically a washable garbage bag you toss in the washer with all of your dirty diaper laundry). I wash every 2-3 days (I use Crunchy Clean or Rockin Green detergent) - cold rinse, hot wash, extra rinse. I dry my inserts/prefolds in the dryer and hang all of my pockets/covers (in the sun if possible to keep them stain free). It is so incredibly easy and fun to CD.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks so much!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I found this website to be really helpful:

https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/basics.htm

Also, a lot of CD websites have good info.  I've looked through these:

www.diaperjunction.com

www.nickisdiapers.com

www.jilliansdrawers.com

I think all of these sites have trial packages that you can order, and return if you don't like them (I know Jillian's Drawers will refund all but $10 of your money - not as store credit.)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"