Postpartum Depression
Options

Recently Diagnosed...Lexapro?

Hey ladies....I was just diagnosed last Thursday with some kind of PPD...for me it's much more anxiety-based than depression.  Nonetheless, I have had a rough go of it lately and am returning to work tomorrow, as well- yikes!  I just started on lexapro and am only taking 5mg a day, but seem to be getting horrible headaches.  Just curious if anyone else has had this occur and if they went away or did you have to switch meds etc...?  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.raisinghopehappinessandlucas.typepad.com 37 and dx with DOR...just fabulous

Re: Recently Diagnosed...Lexapro?

• Options

no headaches, it can cause dizziness.  but again, no for me.  but man, I forgot a few doses and the withdraws... eeeek.  I was acting out in my sleep. 

i did better on prozac 10mg for ppd.

• Options
    I am on Wellbutrin for PPD. My dr. added Lex when I went back to work. I had bad dizziness and real bad sexual side effects...no desire and inability to climax. I couldnt deal and had to go off of it. I am doing well on the Wellbutrin and Klonopin as needed for my bad days. GL to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on lexapro few years ago to treat depression. It does have side affects like dizziness, headaches. Getting off of lexapro was a challenge for me. It was basically making me severely dizzy to the point one day while crossing the street I felt dizzy and fell on a car that was stopped at a red light. I would never go back on lexapro every again. Is there a way to switch to another medication.GL. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm on it right now. So far so good, I've been a little nauseous but it's going away slowly. I tend to get tension headaches anyway though.

On a side note, it seems to be working really well for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKrystalD7:

I'm on it right now. So far so good, I've been a little nauseous but it's going away slowly. I tend to get tension headaches anyway though.

On a side note, it seems to be working really well for me.

Exactly this for me too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"