Postpartum Depression

PPD returning or regular depression?

My OB recommended trying to go off of my Zoloft when DD hit 6 months.  I was very nervous to do so, but decided that I would try over the Christmas break when DH would be home with us.  Everything went well and I was feeling pretty good.  Lately I have been feeling so down and extremely tired.  The smallest things get me so upset.

I have always had some minor issues, but now I am starting to wonder if I have been dealing with depression longer than I thought and the baby just brought it all to a head.  I'm trying to figure out who I should contact about this?  My OB or my regular doctor?  How will I know if this is more than PPD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PPD returning or regular depression?

• I am no expert, but PPD can occur anytime within the first year after giving birth, your hormones may not go back to normal until then. I would call your OB, and if he/she is unwilling to help you then try your PCP.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• I was told using it up to 12 months is beneficial. I weaned off at 11 months and then after a series of events I ended up back on it 6 months later for another 10 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"