North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: House Update PIP

HI Ladies! Well after 4.5m of trying to sell. We finally did. Im sure the nesite vibes helped out a ton. We got a VERY low offer the first offer but it all worked out and we are happy with the outcome. We just had to work out a few minor details on closing and the moving part. We close on our current home on the 3rd, renting from the buyer till we close on the new house the 12th.

The house we were in love with fell through. Very long story....that almost cost me the last bit of sanity I had left. You know they say Thank God for unanswered prayers.....well believe it!  First day back on the hunt we found THE ONE!

The price had been dropped 40K and we offered 20K under that and they accepted!!!! Holly crap!!! We are walking into this house with 80K in equity bc its a property in a gated community with lake access. We NEVER thought they would accept. And to top it all off its only 3yrs old, 1 owner who NEVER lived in the property. We are ecstatic! Getting such a good deal def takes away the sting of not making much on the sale of our home. It all comes out in the wash.

We never went into this thinking we would get such an awesome deal we were just ready to trade up.....I cant wait to start decorating. But honestly Im going to have to get used to being in the boonies first! Im SUCH a city girl!

Onto the pics!
imageimage
Thanks for all your support through this, I honestly never dreamt it would be this hard....I guess its a sign of the times.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: House Update PIP

• Options
    Amazing!  So happy for you!  A deal like that would NEVER go through at the coast (even with this economy!)!
  • Options
    omg, gorgeous!!!!!  congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that is awesome! And your new house is gorgeous! I'm glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy your new home (and from your blog don't worry about others running their mouths!)
  • Options
    That's beautiful - Congratulations -  I'm so glad everything worked out for you!  Now on to the packing :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Gorgeous house!  Congratulations!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AWESOME! That is a beautiful home!! So glad everything has worked out for you guys!
  • Options
    OMG!! the house is beautiful...I'm jealous in a good way. Stick out tongue  So happy everything worked out. 
  • Options
    BEAUTIFUL!! I love the house and the property looks awesome!! Congrats and I am glad all the stress was worth it. My Realtor told us that usually when that happens it was meant to be because you end up finding something great!
  • Options
    I LOVE that house - I'm so glad you found such an awesome deal! Good luck with moving!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    What a beautiful home! I am so happy it all worked out for you!
  • Options
    wow that is a gorgeous house!!! I love everything about it. Congrats!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesurfnsandbride:
    Amazing!  So happy for you!  A deal like that would NEVER go through at the coast (even with this economy!)!

I think it depends which beach. My parents bought a house at Carolina Beach at the end of 2008 and got it for $100K less than they were asking (and what their neighbors paid for the same exact house). Only bad thing is if they were looking now, it would probably be even less. Just a sign of the times, but good for people who have the money to spend :)

• Options

What a beautiful home!  Congratulations - so glad everything worked out for your family.

• Options
    Congrats!! What a gorgeous house!! :)
  • Options
    The new house is BEAUFITUL!  And from your blog....ignore the haters.  Enjoy your new home and all it has to offer.  Hopefully it will be your forever home!  Congrats!!!!!!!!
  • Options

I saw your blog post.

I LOOOOVE this house!  I am sooo excited for you!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!
  • Options
    Gorgeous house!  I am so jealous! 
  • Options
    I'm so happy everything is working out.  Congrats on selling your house and of course your beautiful new home!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome.
  • Options

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything worked out well for you! Love your new home, too - it's gorgeous!

We've been kind of in the same boat as you recently. Although we were extremely lucky to sell our house within two weeks, it's just been one headache after another since then so I can definitely sympathize with you on the stress of selling and buying a house! And like you, the first house we were set on buying didn't work out, but it was for the best because the next time we went house hunting, we found an even better house that had everything we wanted. Now if we could only get in that house, but that's another story...

Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you!

• Options
    Yay for finding the one! And how wonderful you were able to get it at such a great price. I know exactly what you are going through and I am so excited you found something great. It is a gorgeous house! Congratulations!
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!! It's beautiful!!
  • Options
    I'm so glad everything worked out!  That house is GORGEOUS!  Congratulations!
  • Options

That is a lot of good news!  I'm super excited for you.  I'm glad things worked out with selling your current house.  Secondly, thank God for unanswered prayers.  Your new house is gorgeous!!  Plus, 80k in equity is awesome! 

I'm so happy for you. You definitely deserve it after the struggle you have gone through.  Enjoy decorating!!  

• Options
    I am jealous, BEAUTIFUL house!
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it! Especially the fireplace.  That's awesome that you got such an AMAZING deal. 
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    imagelah1177:

imagesurfnsandbride:

I think it depends which beach. My parents bought a house at Carolina Beach at the end of 2008 and got it for $100K less than they were asking (and what their neighbors paid for the same exact house). Only bad thing is if they were looking now, it would probably be even less. Just a sign of the times, but good for people who have the money to spend :)

I think your right - being right in between Cherry Point and Camp Lejune has kept the housing market here pretty stable and even a little on the high side still! 

• Options
    That's awesome!!  Congrats on the new house, it's beautiful!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Looks GREAT!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    It's gorgeous!!!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options

Gorgeous home - congrats!  It's crazy, b.c in the first pic (just of the house front), the size is deceiving!  In the rest of the pics, I'm like, wow, it's so much bigger than it seems.  Love the details inside - the fireplace and kitchen ceiling are stunning! 

You totally deserve it (and honestly, I cannot believe anyone would comment otherwise!  They need slapped!)  You did a great job with your old home (staging, updating, etc.) and have worked hard for what you have - you rock!  =)

• Options
    OMG--what a gorgeous house!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    It is beautiful! Congrats
    imageimage
  • Options
    Beautiful!  I love it!

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"