High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

not sure which is the correct board- zophran? Side Affects

Hi, 

Not sure which board to post on but I am really struggling with morning sickness/  hyperemesis gravidarum.

Dr put me on Zofran this week after still loosing weight.  I am hardly showing and really frustrated about not keeping food down.    I have been sick since week 5.  I have been having side affects to the zofran.  Anyone else have side affects?  How long did they last?  I had severe diaherra . Do I need to just push thru it? 

I just read online that only 4% have this side effect.  Only me :)

Re: not sure which is the correct board- zophran? Side Affects

• Options

That's definitely a rare side effect.  Most people get constipated.  I've taken zofran all the way through both my pregnancies. 

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Hyperemesis is terrible and really hard to deal with. 

If the zofran is causing the diaherra then it probably won't stop until you stop taking the zofran.  That's how it is with the constipation---- mine hasn't gone away because I'm still taking  zofran.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have constipation also.  I am still on it.  Hope your bowels straighten themselves out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too had severe constipation from being on zofran but i'm sure the opposite is just as miserable :-( I suffered w/ hyperemesis at the beginning of my pregnancy as well (had an IV 24/7 until 16 weeks and a zofran pump as well) Does the oral zofran seem to help? For me it didnt really do much but I was greatly helped by the zofran pump (you get a steady stream of zofran 24/7 and have the option of giving yourself additional boluses of zofran which are like one large dose for times that you still feel really sick) The highest dosage on my pump mixed with phenergan suppositories in the evening seemed to help some--it may be worth looking into if the oral zofran isnt working GL! Feel free to pm me if you have any HG related questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thank you everyone! The worst part of it all is that Zofran actually made me not sick at all.  I felt the best I had in months for the 2 days I took.  I stopped on Thursday and Friday and instantly the diaherra went away. And of course I was throwing up and sick all day.  Funny how our bodies work!  My husband is wondering if I took immodium with the Zofran if that will work- I am going to call my dr on monday and get his thoughts. 

Good Luck to everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"