Pennsylvania Babies
Options

***darensgirl***

Hey there! Was your husband at Rhyme Time last night at the library with the girls? I got there late, so only heard the name Avery, but she sure looked like the Avery I used to see at the Playhouse. And both girls looked to be the right ages, but I didn't want to act like an internet stalker to your husband, if that was him.

Re: ***darensgirl***

• Options

Hi Rachel,

That was my definitely my husband with the girls.  We usually go in the evenings as a family, but I had to work Thursday evening so he went alone.  He is a good daddy:)  Do you take Adam often?  It is funny we haven't run into you, although we only really started going this month.  We were doing the Monday family storytimes, but the books seemed to be too long to hold their attention.  I would say they were more for older kids.  Avery did love the craft and snack time, though! 

Maybe we'll see you this week!  Love the picture of Adam in your signature, he looks so grown up from the last time we saw you.  Hopefully he had a good 2nd birthday!

• Options

That's so funny that we've missed you all these times. We've been pretty much regulars at the 5:30 Thursday night RT since Adam was 5 months old. We make it a family night too, which is nice.

But we actually told Mrs, Black on Thursday that it will probably be our last RT. Adam just seems way too old for it these days and he managed to sit through a Toddler Time, so I think we're going to make the switch to Tuesday night...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We probably missed each other because we only really started going this past month.  We went to the 6:00 class the first week, the second week we went at 5:30, but the weather was sketchy and the class was pretty empty and then we went last week.  The other RTs we went to were on Monday mornings.  Toddler time is nice, we've gone to the 11:10 Thursday morning class a few times.  I really like that time because they are pretty full and Avery loves seeing the other kids.  She especially loves sitting at the table outside the room and doing puzzles with everyone!  I agree that Avery is a little too old for RT, but it is something we can do that really engages Addison as well.  We do a toddler storytime at East Penn library on Tuesday mornings for Avery. 

Well, I guess we won't be seeing you at RT this Thursday, but maybe we will run into you elsewhere in the library! 

• Options
    By the way, did you make Adam's cake??? It looked AWESOME!!!
  • Options

And we've always done Thursday nights because I work MWF, so we've treated it as a family night out. But now that Toddler Time happens on my day off, maybe we'll try that. I don't know. I guess we'll settle into a routine soon. I know that if we have the mentality of "Tuesday nights is Toddler Time, so we can't do X or Y" we do better than trying to fit it in when we can.

And no, I didn't make that cake. It was done by the woman who does the cakes for the Playhouse Cafe parties. Cakes by Lori. It was HUGE - didn't even fit into the bakery box that she delivered, so I had to run out and get a Rubbermaid cake holder. It was a 10" that easily fed 25 people (we had 15 people and had almost half of it left over with pretty generous slices) and it was $35.00.

And I was just amazed at how much the girls had grown up. I think Addison was a newborn when I saw her last! And it was so fun seeing Avery and Adam doing the hand motions with Mrs. Black. It's funny because the adults always do them and most of the kids just sit there - so it's fun when the kids know what to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"