Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Do you put onesies under pjs?

do you put a onesie under one piece footed pjs? do you put onesies under everything? Tia

Re: Do you put onesies under pjs?

• i don't put a onsie under anything, but we are in az so it can get hot even in the winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gosh no, DD would get waaay too hot.
  • Loading the player...
  • No and no.

The only time I put a onesie on underneath something he's wearing is if it's just a regular shirt that doesn't have snaps.  I usually avoid those though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, didn't even do it when we lived in Canada unless it was really cold, like -30.
  • i don't, and i never even considered it, but when MIL was visiting she was shocked that i don't do that.  
  • Starting in late fall, I have been putting a onesie under everything including fleece pjs. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No on pjs. Sometimes for other outfits, like if I am not tucking her shirt in then I will if it is cold so that if her tummy gets exposed it has that extra layer if you get what I'm saying.
  • ok just making sure I wasn't "wrong" for not doing it
  • I don't use onesie under pjs b/c he sweats at night.

However, I always use a onesie if he is wearing a shirt and pant outfit (the shirt will ride up and show his tummy).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13
  • I don't put onesies under anything.
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • I put onesies under almost everything, always under his PJs. ?DS likes to be warm! ?We'll see what happens when summer rolls around... if it ever does... =(
  • imageIU_baby:

No and no.

The only time I put a onesie on underneath something he's wearing is if it's just a regular shirt that doesn't have snaps.  I usually avoid those though.

That's a good idea. I don't like the shirts without snaps, they ride up too much!  We don't put a onesie under DS's pj's, he'd be too warm

• imagekarakel:
    Starting in late fall, I have been putting a onesie under everything including fleece pjs. 

This. We put onesies under everything. It is coooollldd here. We probably won't come the summer, though

• imageStarlette1983:
    I put onesies under almost everything, always under his PJs.  DS likes to be warm!  We'll see what happens when summer rolls around... if it ever does... =(

this. I put them under everything, Pjs, cltohes, all the time. maybe that will be different when it warms up. I only don't if its a jogging suit with a hoodie and I already have a shirt underneath that otherwise he always has 2 layers on. When we were little my mom made us wear undershirts until we were ready for training bras.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When it's cold, yes.

• i put onesies under everything.  I figure its like an undershirt and if we(DH and I) always have layers on then so should our little one.
  • the only time he wears a onesie under something is when hes in his big fuzzy snowsuit...

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekarakel:
    Starting in late fall, I have been putting a onesie under everything including fleece pjs. 

ditto, but I use the sleeveless ones from carters.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://origin-ugc.theknot.com.s3.amazonaws.com/938548-tile.jpg natural miscarriage 5/17/2008 we love you, angel baby
  • We definitely do onesies.  In the winter, I wear an undershirt, so does DH.  It is way too cold here to not wear a couple of layers.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I only put onesies underneath stuff that would otherwise need a t-shirt or similar (zip up sweaters, thin sweaters, overalls, etc.) I never put them under actual on-their-own clothes. DS is pretty warm natured and he'd never tolerate that many layers. 
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• DD always has a short sleeve onesie on underneath pjs and if she is wearing a t-shirt and pants or something like that. Obviously, if she is wearing a long sleeve onesie she is not.
  • imagelynne114:
    i put onesies under everything.  I figure its like an undershirt and if we(DH and I) always have layers on then so should our little one.

this

• imagekarakel:

this

• Yes. Under everything all the time since he came home from the hospital in June! I plan to wean myself off of them this spring! lol.
  • DS wears onsies and socks under footed pjs. Depending on how cold it is sometimes a l/s onesie. He also wears a onesie or t-shirt under his shirts during the day.

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 7/15/06 | DS 5/1/09 | DD 7/24/14 

• Not under pjs. Sometimes under outfits depending on what the outfit is and how cold it is outside.
  • I put a onesie under everything. 
  • I don't put one under pjs. I will under clothes if I want her to wear a short sleeved shirt she has and it is chilly.
  • imagekaylenpar1:
    Gosh no, DD would get waaay too hot.

ditto

• We do- a) it gets cold and b) DD is a night pooper and it helps to keep it all in.
  • Yes, I put a onesie under his pj's and clothes.  It's cold in NJ.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"