Breastfeeding
Options

Do you have cravings for sweets?

My friend that is EP and I (EBF) both have them, just wondering if its anorm?    And we both haven't lost the baby weight, must be why!  (Although I know it took me forever to lose it with the first two!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have cravings for sweets?

• Options
    I also EBF and I am also craving sweets chocolate mostly. I am only down 10 lbs at 6 weeks. Oh well it took me 6 months to a year to loose it all with my other 2 also.
  • Options
    OMG yes!  I have always had such good self control and right now, not so much. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES! But sadly no chocolate for me. Makes J's reflux flare up.
  • Options
    Sweets and red meat...I feel like I can never get full!
  • Options
    Wow, yes!  Seriously, all the time.  While I was pregnant my cravings were healthy - skim milk, Total cereal, etc.  Now it is just chocolate, donuts, etc.  It is really hard to resist.
    Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Options
    so glad to hear i'm not the only one!  i feel like i've lost all will power!
  • Options
    Yes and from what I've read it's very common for BF'ing women, reason I've heard is that in order for your body to make the breastmilk, it uses a lot of the sugar in your body.  As a result you crave sugar/sweets to replace it.  Makes sense to me since BM is really sweet (and sticky!)
  • Options

imageSally J:
    Yes and from what I've read it's very common for BF'ing women, reason I've heard is that in order for your body to make the breastmilk, it uses a lot of the sugar in your body.  As a result you crave sugar/sweets to replace it.  Makes sense to me since BM is really sweet (and sticky!)

I love this theory!!  I have been eating tons of girl scout cookies and cake, etc.  I love the sweets and couldn't figure out why it has gotten so bad!  I didn't even crave sweets or really anything while pregnant. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"