Alaska Babies

House cleaning recommendations?

So, DH wants to hire someone to come in and do a deep clean before LO comes, which I am totally down for, but I am a little leary of strangers coming into our house while he's not home.  I also have no idea what reasonable prices are for this kind of service.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a cleaning service in the Anchorage/Wasilla area?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: House cleaning recommendations?

• I don't know of any businesses in that area, but my Father In Law cleans carpets, and I can ask him the going rate for carpet cleaning if that would help you out.
  • That would be great, thanks!  That's something else we're looking to do before LO comes.
  • Loading the player...
  • According to my father in law, in our area, a truck mount machine costs maybe around 100-150 for a small room... A guy with a portable industrial machine, between 50 and 75 for a small living room.

My Father in Law says he charges depending on how much furniture he has to move, and how dirty the carpets are. If he has to use more products to get the stains out, he will charge more for that. He will also charge based on time there, but he says he hardly ever asks for more than 150 for a living room.

He also mentions that prices in the Anchorage area will more than likely be higher than they are here in SE. He isn't sure of exact names there, but he suggests shopping around for a good deal. And to ask what they charge for (moving furniture, extra products, time etc.)

Hope this helps.

• Awesome, thanks!
  • I would probably go with a bigger company like merry maids for a deep cleaning of he house. I am thinking about doing the very same thing actually. I have never hired a cleaning service before but with a 6 year old, a 16 month old and being so sick from this pregnancy... I need some help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"