Birth Stories
Options

Team Green - Pre-E (37 week) induction birth story =)

So Monday 2/8 I was scheduled for an induction @ 8:30 am due to pre-e. We were brought right into my LDR room and I peed in a cup, put on my gowm and got hooked up to the monitors. I had been 2cm and 50% at my appointment the week prior and was deemed to be the same. My cervix was long and high so it was decided I would have a dose of Cervadil first. Cervadil was inserted @ 11:25. We sat around and chated about the birth of our final member. Would the sisters get a brother? Or another sister? We tried to make name lists but just couldn't come up with any. The OB came and removed the cervadil @ 3:30 and had us walk the halls till 4:15 when pitocin was started. She checked me prior to starting the pitocin and I was 3cm and the cervadil worked at softening the cervix. From 4:15pm - 1:25am we watched TV, talked to family members and friends and slept. I would feel contractions every so often, but from 8pm-1:25 I felt not a single contraction. I was at 28 for pitocin at this time. At 1:25am I woke up and rolled over. I sat up and a little liquid gushed out. I woke up my husband and told him I thought my water had broke.  He helped me out of bed and the nurse hapened to walk in. We told her we thought my water had broken and pointed her to the small spot on the bed. When I stood up I got my first contraction - and it was BAD. MH helped me to the bathroom where I had another contraction. they got me back in bed and my OB was called. I was checked at 1:36pm and I was 5cm - they were unsure if my water had broken. They asked if I wanted my epi at this point, I said yes.The rest is a blur, so bear with me. Contractions began to come and never stop. I began to get nauseous and started to dry heave, as I was dry heaving my water REALLY broke - at this time the anastisiologist arrived and started to work on my epi - they gave me a shot of Zofran in my IV and the nausea/dry heaving stopped within a minute. the epidural was placed at 2:06am - as soon as I lied down I said I had to poop - it was the most intense feeling I have ever had. The nurse who was helping the anasatisiologist kept telling them I was going to deliver. The nurses told me to grunt through the feeling and they would call my OB. They called and unfortunately she was in the middle of a delivery. At this point my body was naturally pushing - my nurse told me she was going to check me and said that the head was literally crowning. A quick phone call later and another OB came running in.They tried to open the delivery cart as fast as they could - my Ob got the blue coat and gloves on and that's about it - I pushed three times and our SON was born at 2:16am! He was 7lbs even and 20.5 inches long. I didn't tear at all and needed no stitches. I have taken no pain meds and was up and showering hours later. I have to say - being team green was such an amazing experience. We had found out via 20w u/s that the girls were girls, so this was our first time waiting. Looking at my husband and seeing him with tears in his eyes announcing that it was a boy - one of the most special and beautiful moments in my entire life :) We came home today and I am just so in love. My girls are in love, we got our son and my family is complete =)   And on the pre-e stand point - my BP almost instantly went back to 118/69 and the headache that I had for 26 days - GONE! Good luck to everyone waiting to deliver! See you on 0-3!  
{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}

Re: Team Green - Pre-E (37 week) induction birth story =)

• Options
    congrats on your baby boy!
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. What did you name him?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    His name is Drew =) 
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options

I just randomly came across your birth story (clicked on this board by accident) but loved reading it!

Congratulations!

I was induced with DS because of pre-e as well. Since this baby is your 3rd, did you have pre-e with the girls as well? I am really worried about having to go through it again. My BP was 160/100 at the hospital and I wasn't even allowed to turn in bed let alone get up and walk. :(

Have fun with your girls and little BOY!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"