Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Anyone know if you can give Benadryl and Motrin together?

DD's supposed to be taking Benadryl at night but also has a fever - my gut says no (I'm waiting for pedi to call back), but didn't know if anyone else had any experience with it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know if you can give Benadryl and Motrin together?

• Options

What to see waht your pedi says. Every doctor is different, but they are perfectly safe to take together. They do not interfere with one another.

• Options
    Your Dr. okays giving less than 1yo benedryl?  Not trying to flame, but that doesn't seem right.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guess is that the technical answer is yes since DS was given morphine and benadryl together in the hospital.  But, that was in the hospital.  They have the capability of givinge the correct dosage to a less than 1yo.  OTC benadryl says not to give to children under 2 years old.  I would talk to your pedi about it before giving any.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doc prescribed Benadryl for DS because he was having a severe allergic reaction to pears and that was the only thing available.  Benadryl is safe as long as you give the correct dosage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesoontobemomma:
    Your Dr. okays giving less than 1yo benedryl?  Not trying to flame, but that doesn't seem right.

No flames necessary and no offense taken - I trust my pedi.  BTW, talked to the pedi and Benadryl and Motrin are perfectly safe when taken together. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"