Alabama Babies
Options

Critique my L&D Bag contents...

Here is it ladies...tear it to shreads! 

1.  Insurance paperwork/card(medical and STD)
  2. Gannny Panties(5)
  3. Sports Bras(3)
  4. Nursing Bra(1)I'm gonna try to BFConfused
  5. Nursing Pads
  6. Skid-proof socks(3)
  7. Button down gowns for afterwards(2)
  8. Lip Balm
  9. Slippers(I think I'm gonna pack my Crocs...don't laught!)
  10. Comb and Brush
  11. Toothpaste & toothbrush
  12. Body wash
  13. Face Wash
  14. My going home outfit(In case I'm not able to put it on before going in)

For Baby

1. LO's coming home outfit
  2. Blanket
  3. Diapers
  4. Car Seat

In a Smaller Bag

1. Camera and equipment
  2. Calling List
  3. Phone and charger

EDIT: I'm also bringing a laptop!

Re: Critique my L&D Bag contents...

• Options
    Shampoo?  Other than that, the list looks great!
  • Options

You don't need the diapers.  Hospital should provide throughout your stay and you can take home whatever is leftover.  St. Vincen'ts uses Pampers...

Unless maybe you're doing cloth...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It looks pretty good.  A few suggestions that you might want to consider:

1. Your own pillow from home (just put a colored or patterned pillow case on it). Hospital pillows are extremely flat.  

2. A robe or hoodie or something of the like..it gets kinda chilly in hospitals.

3. If you are okay with being in a gown all day then great...but you might want to consider putting some comfy clothes like yoga pants and a tshirt or something in there.  Getting dressed made me feel human but I know it's not for everyone.  

4. A notebook...I used it for lots of things...writing down who came to visit so I could transfer it to LO's baby book later, to write some thoughts that I wanted to remember for later, etc. 

5. As for diapers they provided those for us...albeit they were pampers swaddlers size one's so too big BUT we folded them down at her cord stump and then we stashed as many as we could out of her little bassinet they brought her in and we had them for when she did move up to that size.  We did have a couple of newborn size diapers in her diaper bag that we brought and we did put one of those on her the day we left the hospital.

6. My hospital had wifi and so we brought our laptop...but again I know this isn't for everyone.   

• Options

For the baby I would have a sleeper or two to wear in the hospital.  Also, my hospital did not provide socks for the baby.  If you're doing the picture at the hospital, you will need an outfit and a background blanket for it.  I wouldn't take diapers...use as the ones from the hospital! 

We also took our laptop to do facebook and stuff on the two days in the hospital. 

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'd take off most of the granny panties....you'll want to wear the mesh ones that the hospital provides you.  I'd also only bring one sports bra, but add more nursing bras/tanks....I lived in nursing tanks in the hospital and at home for the 1st few weeks.  I'd also leave the nursing pads at home as the hospital provides those....same thing with the diapers and skid proof socks.

ETA:  I would also bring some of those baby mittens and baby socks...you'll be too tired to try and clip the nails and they'll be long.  Poor C. had scratches all over her face.

Other than that, it looks great!

• Options
    Thanks Ladies! I can't live w/o my laptop! I have a few robes but I've read that I have to be prepared for it to be ruined...I like my robes! I may just go with the gowns and put on lounge pants to go under them...I'm okay with a flat pillow...I hate for my head to sit up too high...I'll also look at more nursing wear, socks and mittins for LO.
  • Options

imagemrssamuels2b:
    Thanks Ladies! I can't live w/o my laptop! I have a few robes but I've read that I have to be prepared for it to be ruined...I like my robes! I may just go with the gowns and put on lounge pants to go under them...I'm okay with a flat pillow...I hate for my head to sit up too high...I'll also look at more nursing wear, socks and mittins for LO.

I mainly meant the robe for after birth :)  Yeah I wouldn't want one to get ruined during birth either.  As for pp bleeding ruining it I'll say this (sorry if it's TMI):

It wasn't what I expected but maybe that was because I had a csection...they gave me these gigantic (and I mean gigantic) pads and I felt pretty well covered.  I had envisioned that things would be really messy but for me they weren't, but again that might have been due to my csection since I didn't have all that stuff going on down there during delivery.  Sorry again if it's TMI and maybe the regular delivery girls can give you more insight on it :)  

• Options
    image12106mrsmun:

I'd take off most of the granny panties....you'll want to wear the mesh ones that the hospital provides you.  I'd also only bring one sports bra, but add more nursing bras/tanks....I lived in nursing tanks in the hospital and at home for the 1st few weeks.  I'd also leave the nursing pads at home as the hospital provides those....same thing with the diapers and skid proof socks.

I had to have granny panties...St Vincents only gave us pads/diaper like things...no mesh ones.

I took gowns and one pair of pajama pants if I needed to get up, walk around.  I didn't want to "sit" in anything though.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Options
    imageSeasideBride06:
    image12106mrsmun:

I had to have granny panties...St Vincents only gave us pads/diaper like things...no mesh ones.

I took gowns and one pair of pajama pants if I needed to get up, walk around.  I didn't want to "sit" in anything though.

This.  No mesh panties at St. Vincents so the granny panties were a must and worked great for the adult diapers (aka huge ars pads) they give you.  And ditto pp's about socks for the little one.  Also if you need newborn sized diapers they will bring them to you at St. V's as well.  That's what I initially had in my room but M being the 9 pounder, was too big for them so they brought in the 1's.

• Options
    imagestar21gazer:

imagemrssamuels2b:

I mainly meant the robe for after birth :)  Yeah I wouldn't want one to get ruined during birth either.  As for pp bleeding ruining it I'll say this (sorry if it's TMI):

It wasn't what I expected but maybe that was because I had a csection...they gave me these gigantic (and I mean gigantic) pads and I felt pretty well covered.  I had envisioned that things would be really messy but for me they weren't, but again that might have been due to my csection since I didn't have all that stuff going on down there during delivery.  Sorry again if it's TMI and maybe the regular delivery girls can give you more insight on it :)  

Right there with you...I've read(3rd tri) that there can be pretty bad bleeding afterwards and that I shouldn't wear anything I didn't mind getting ruined...I hope it's not that bad. I'm delivering at Brookwood so I'm not sure what they provide other than diapers...I'll be sure to pack a couple outfits and socks for LO as well...

• Options
    This post helped me alot! Thanks!  I am starting to think about things I need to put in a hospital bag!
  • Options

I'll just ditto what everyone else has said.

One thing - we brought two sleeper gowns for DD in the hospital and my mom ended up having to go home to pick up one more. (one of them was DD's coming home outfit.)

I thought the hospital would put the babies in at least a onesie or socks or something, but our hospital just puts a see-through paper shirt (not even a shirt, because it is taped on the back) for the LO's. No socks either.

Also, I felt better once I put on my own pj's and got out of the hospital gown (not the day of the birth though.) The second day I actually blow dried my hair and put on makeup. It made me feel more like "myself" if that makes sense. Anothing thing to consider.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    Thanks for posting this, after looking at it, I think I want to pack some more gowns and socks for Sam, and maybe another pair of sweatpants and a t shirt for me for lounging around the hospital. :)
  • Options

I might leave the panties at home -you'll probably just want to use the mesh hospital panties for a while.

Bring 2 nursing bras (Bravado Body Silk ones are AWESOME)

Lightweight robe?  (I lived in my lounge pants, nursing bra and robe)

• Options

Hair products and make up?  I know that may sound silly but you're probably going to want to wash and dry your hair and throw on some makeup.

Ditto your own pillow....forgot about that

I'd bring some sleepers for the baby like some have suggested.  I also brought a couple of onesies.  K was too big for the hospital shirt and hat they provided plus I wanted her dressed cute for pictures Smile

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"