Eco-Friendly Family

aaaand, carseat placement for 2 kids

what kind of car do you have and where are #1 and #2's seats?

Re: aaaand, carseat placement for 2 kids

• Explorer.. 1 on each side when we have 2 car seats in the car. The mobile kid gets squished in the middle.
  • We have a Volvo XC 70 (wagon) - I am going to have the infant carrier & a Britax Marathon rf'ing in it in April- I have done this before when I toted the kid I watch to a few things. 

I haven't decided yet which child will be behind the driver's seat- probably DD in the Marathon?  

I think I have heard that the seat behind the passenger seat is safer than the seat behind the driver's seat- but DD will be kicking the back of the seat before baby #2 can, so baby #2 might end up behind the driver's seat.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the carseats only fit on both sides in the back.  Joanie was in the middle when she was the only one.
  • honda crv. hudson in the middle (chicco cortina infant carrier) and lucy rear-facing on the passenger side (britax marathon). 
  • Toyota corolla.  I am kinda restricted because of the size of our garage.  The backseat is only accessible through the driver's side door.  Ideally I'd like to have DS on the outside and DD in the middle so she can keep RF but I don't know if it will work.  If not, we'll do DD on the passenger side and DS on the driver's side.  DD will have to climb in so it will be interesting!  Although we may be able to move some stuff around so I can squeeze through the passenger side and buckle her vs. climbing in the car.  Either way if she is on the outside she'd have to be FF since there would be no foot room otherwise.  Boo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also wanted to add that there is a chance that DH will start parking in the driveway so that I can park in the middle of the garage and not have to worry about all this.  We'll have to wait and see I suppose.  It just gets really hot here so having a car in the sun is bad for the paint job, etc.  At least his car is silver with a gray interior while mine is red with black!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have an 05 Pilot and have DS1 rearfacing on the passenger side in a Boulevard and will put DS2 in the middle in the SafeSeat1. 
    ~Married my best friend J March 2004~ ~Mom to 2 busy boys~C-01.18.08 & L-03.23.10~ ~Due with a little girl 02.06.13~
  • imagecrackerjackprinter:
    Toyota corolla.  I am kinda restricted because of the size of our garage.  The backseat is only accessible through the driver's side door.  Ideally I'd like to have DS on the outside and DD in the middle so she can keep RF but I don't know if it will work.  If not, we'll do DD on the passenger side and DS on the driver's side.  DD will have to climb in so it will be interesting!  Although we may be able to move some stuff around so I can squeeze through the passenger side and buckle her vs. climbing in the car.  Either way if she is on the outside she'd have to be FF since there would be no foot room otherwise.  Boo.

We have an 06 Corolla and have a Marathon rearfacing on the passenger side.  Yes, the front passenger seat is a bit squishy, however, I have gotten used to being smashed.

~Married my best friend J March 2004~ ~Mom to 2 busy boys~C-01.18.08 & L-03.23.10~ ~Due with a little girl 02.06.13~
  • We have DD behind the driver's seat.  DS is behind the passenger seat.  The way our latch is done we cannot have the seats right next to each other as that would require sharing a latch point which you are not supposed to do, so no one could go in the middle position.  I know we could buckle one seat in, but it didn't seem to install correctly.

We chose to put DS behind the passenger seat, because when I am the driver with no other adult in the car it is the easiest position for me to check on him, etc.  DD is much more self-sufficient and can tell me what is wrong, so having her behind me is a better option.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a small suv and #1 we just moved over in his Marathon behind the driver's seat so that we could put #2 behind the passenger seat. Main reason being that I can reach #1 better if he's straight behind me AND when DH drives he put his seat back since #1 is FF and #2 will obviously be RF.
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • imagetommigirle:
    honda crv. hudson in the middle (chicco cortina infant carrier) and lucy rear-facing on the passenger side (britax marathon). 

Maybe I can do this! These are the seats we have.

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"