Secondary IF
Options

Follow up from my other post

DH went yesterday for his SA. The lab tech told DH at first that she couldn't give him the results that day. But after she had taken it back and looked she came back and told him she couldn't find any sperm, so she was going to centrifuge it and check again in a concentrated sample. 30 minutes later and a second opinion from the lab manager it was confirmed that DH has 0 sperm.

They are going to check for fructose in case there is a block and DH is setting up a follow up with his uro, but at this point we are pretty certain between the radiation and the hormone replacements that DH is sterile.

We had been hoping to ttc this spring, but now with the cost of treatments that will probably be postponed until this winter. We were told IUI with no meds was $900, with meds was $950, with injectibles its $4000, and IVF is $12000. We are not really sure where to go from here. I guess wait and see what DH's uro says.

And to whomever replied on the last post about DH kicking cancer, thanks! It really means alot to him!

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August

Re: Follow up from my other post

• Options
    Oh no.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I hope that you are able to get some help at the uro.  Hang in there.  ((hugs))
    Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope you can get more answers from the uro. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersm/c - 2.25.09, 5w5d; m/c - 9.27.09, 7w0d; m/c - 12.4.09, 6w0d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hope you get more answers soon!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

I am so sorry that you got these results. So frustrating!!! I hope that the time until you can continue treatment goes by quickly.

I effing hate cancer, probably more than IF, so I am always glad when someone wins. :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"