Success after IF
Options

ok to start washing baby things soon?

I've been so paranoid/cautious about something going wrong with the pregnancy that I haven't started organizing the nursery or washing any baby items yet. My mom will be here this week so I thought that could be a fun activity for us. So does 28 weeks seem to be in a safe enough zone that I could feel ok about washing some clothes, sheets, and blankets? And organizing the dresser, changing table, and closet? Plus my mom is bringing up the cribs and might go out and get the mattresses for us. Maybe I'll let my husband set them up in a week or two. :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ok to start washing baby things soon?

• Options

Go for it!! I waited (because I was paranoid that washing the clothes would jinx me) and it ended up taking me way longer than I thought it would to wash and put away all of DD's clothes... taking the tags off took forever in itself! And you have stuff for 3 babies! Definitely get started soon!

Have fun!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We started washing stuff and putting it all away at 26w.  :)  Our furniture was already put together and all of the shower stuff was just sitting in the nursery at that point.  I sat in the glider and just started taking tags/stickers/hangers off of everything (this takes forever) and tossing them in a laundry basket.  I got most of the blankets, burp cloths, etc. done before I got admitted to the hospital but there's still a ton of clothes that my MIL is going to help my husband wash and put away for me.

I would say now is a really good time to start.  Once I knew I wasn't leaving the hospital without babies, I started getting asked (by hospital staff) if they had a safe place to sleep, car seats, and somewhere safe to change them at home.  They wanted it all done if it hadn't already been done.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would. I was placed on strict bed rest at 28 weeks and getting H to do everything was stressful, for both him and me. He did his best, but I wish I had time to organize the way I wanted. Now that LO is here, I still am not organized the way I envisioned it all.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    Totally understand the paranoid thing!  I think we all do. :(   You should start settting things up now, and you should enjoy every bit of it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • Options
    thanks ladies! every baby-related activity is an exercise in overcoming my worries. I will try to have fun washing and organizing baby stuff with my mom. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definitely think you're safe. It's such a good feeling to have the nursery and clothes organized the way you want for when they come home. One less thing to fret about. Have fun :)
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    do it!!! =) you're about to have three healthy beautiful babies. time to start having fun and getting ready for them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would, or at least in the next couple weeks. I didn't wash ANYTHING until they were born & my poor mother was up taking all those stupid tags & plastic things off & washing everything while I was in the hospital...not nice of me!
  • Options
    i definitely would, esp w/your mom there to help! just make sure not to wash too many things w/tags in case you don't like something and want to return it...so just a few of each item until you figure things out :) so exciting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"