Austin Babies
Options

ivf question

my sis is seeing dr v. & might be doing the retrieval in a matter of days. her husband is quadriplegic (w/no use of arms/hands) and won't be able to physically help her. my mom will be there for the procedure, but i'm wondering how much physical help she might need afterwards and for how long? thanks 4 any advice!!!

Re: ivf question

• Options
    I dont think she will need much help other than a drive home after ER and ET (if she uses the sedative). I did not use the sedative so technically I could have driven myself home.    If she is usually the one taking care of her hubby then she would need someone to take over those duties for the day after ER and 2 days after ET.
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it depends on what Dr. V tells her.  He told me that he wants me on two to three days of bed rest.  No getting up.  My mom is coming to help but we would certainly manage if she weren't coming.  We have amazing friends that have all volunteered to help should we need anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree that she herself won't really need much "help" other than a break from her usual household duties. I wasn't uncomfortable or in pain (other than stiff from lying in bed for two days!), but I did have DH bring me food in bed so that I could even eat lying down.

If she is her DH's caregiver, someone else will need to help him both for a day or two after the ER as well as for several days after the ET.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Jay wouldn't let me get up or do anything for 24 to 48 hours after my retrieval and my transfer, so to be safe, I'd call in the troops!  :)

good luck to your sister!!

• Options
    thanks for all your advice. her DH has an assistant, but she's not there all the time. this is very helpful!!! thank you!!!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"