Adoption
Options

Squeee

I love this board :)

Thank you ladies for all of your kind words yesterday!  I am amazed at how many of you are "from my area". lol. 

Yes, for those of you who wondered I would be happy to share my story/feelings/etc about being an adopted daughter.  I will answer any question honestly :) 

Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.

Re: Squeee

• Options

Wow awesome!

I would love to know if and when there was a time when you felt like you really wanted to know your bmom (assuming you didn't prior).  Did you ever have a point when you felt like you weren't love enough in your family?  I only ask bc I know a girl who is pretty much against adoption after feeling this way in her family.... which makes me so sad.

Did you ever say/think hurtful things to your parents when you were angry at them about being adopted?  How was that for them?

THANKS!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I would love to know if and when there was a time when you felt like you really wanted to know your bmom (assuming you didn't prior). 

Yes.  And I still do. Im just scared.  Im scared of the truth I guess.  I know I have an older half brother who has a blood clotting disease.  I do not have it.  I "think" the reason I was placed for adoption was because of his health issues.  I guess I am afraid to find out the reason and or that none of them want me in their lives.  

I have started the paperwork many times.  Many times.  I am sure the DHFS is tired of me requesting the materials.  

My adoptive parents are very very supportive in me locating my birthmother.  They think it will be good for me.  Again, I am just scared I guess.  

Did you ever have a point when you felt like you weren't love enough in your family?  I only ask bc I know a girl who is pretty much against adoption after feeling this way in her family.... which makes me so sad.

No.  Not all the time anyway (see below).  My parents really did the best they could do with all of us.  I have an older brother who is adopted and a younger brother who is their biological child.  I always felt loved an accepted by my family, extended family, and my friends. I always knew too.  I always felt that I was chosen, and that was a good feeling. 

My mom did not breast feed my younger brother, because she did not do that for us.  She really did to whatever she could do to ensure that we were all treated equal.  I did not realize this until a year or so ago, and then I told my mom.  But she always was upset that the pictures from my brothers birth did not turn out.  They were blurry and just awful.  I think it happened for a reason since there are not infant pictures of my older brother and I.  Just one of those werid things.  

Did you ever say/think hurtful things to your parents when you were angry at them about being adopted?  How was that for them?

Oh dear, yes.  Unfortunately yes.  And I am so hurt that I did this to them.  I remember one time very clearly and my mom started crying.  I only recently apologized.  How horrible is that?  I know they know that I didn't mean it any time I said anything like that.   Kids say rotten things at times, but I think that was probably the worst. 

I think they know I didn't mean it, well I know they know I didn't mean it, but I think it hurts me more now than it did then.  Only because I know of their struggles and how much they did love me and what a nasty thing that was to say to someone who "chose" me!  

I don't mind answering any questions that anyone may have.  Im just glad to help :)

Oh and that connection thing between mother/child, totally still happens with adoptive children. :)

Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    THANKS!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"