Parenting after 35
Options

F/U 6 month appointment

Just got back from our 6 month appointment.

All good news. Mikey is 27.5 inches and 19 lbs 15 oz. 90th and 95th percentiles respectively. Still no idea where he's getting his size from, but glad I've managed to feed him so well. 

Pedi told us to start solids - 1 week of rice cereal, 1 week of wheat then 1 week of oats. Then 3 weeks of green veg, 1 veg a week, followed by yellow veg, then by fruit. Seems much more complicated than I'm sure it is.

The only negative is that M's got a lump on his palette. It hasn't grown since we noticed it months ago and the pedi thinks it's just a benign cyst or blood vessel, but we still need to have it checked out.Sad

He seems to be doing well with the shots since he tolerated  a trip to the cafe with my dad. He's sleeping now after having a bit of lunch.

Re: F/U 6 month appointment

• Options
    Yay sweet boy!  Wow - he's a big one!  How tall are you and DH?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a big handsome boy! His vax...was it the MMR?  I think that is the 6 month vax or am I wong?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry about the lump on his palette. I hope it goes away on its own--even benign cysts are not fun.

And have fun with the solids.  It really IS fun once your baby enjoys eating. Aaron absolutely loves food--will make "Mmmmmm" and "Yummmm" sounds.

And if 20 lb (almost) is 95th percentile at 6 months, I wonder what Aaron will be at in 3 weeks since I *think* he's at that weight now. Oy!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Yay Mikey!  Sorry about the lump - I hope it resolves itself soon.

DD makes some incredible faces while trying new veg, so hopefully you wll get to enjoy some from M as well.  Of course, she freaking poses as soon as she sees the camera, so I can't get good photos of the faces.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

imagecarladillon:
    Yay sweet boy!  Wow - he's a big one!  How tall are you and DH?

I'm 5'1" and 130 lbs. DH is 5'10"-5'11" and 145-140 lbs.  Hence the wonderment at his size.

• Options

imageMoiselle:
    What a big handsome boy! His vax...was it the MMR?  I think that is the 6 month vax or am I wong?

No MMR today - think that's at a year. Today was DTAP and some meningitis vax.

• Options
    imagerobynlesley:

Sorry about the lump on his palette. I hope it goes away on its own--even benign cysts are not fun.

And have fun with the solids.  It really IS fun once your baby enjoys eating. Aaron absolutely loves food--will make "Mmmmmm" and "Yummmm" sounds.

And if 20 lb (almost) is 95th percentile at 6 months, I wonder what Aaron will be at in 3 weeks since I *think* he's at that weight now. Oy!

Yeah, we're looking forward to the solids adventure.

And we always knew Aaron was a fellow biggun'. Wink

• Options
    Glad to hear he is doing so well!!  Hope all goes well with the lump investigation.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    I'm glad his appointment went so well!  I hope the palate thing goes away on its own...
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Wow what a big boy! & wait til he starts with the slids, he'll probably be off the charts.

Yeah Robyn, I'm sure Aaron is off the charts already.

Sienna goes on Feb 1st. I think she slowed down with her growth a little because of a sick spell. But she been on solids for 3 weeks now. She is a riot. Loves food. Watch for orange poops after carrots.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We've got a lot of big boys on this board!  I hope the lump issue turns out to be nothing, keep us posted.

Solids are so fun.  The poops aren't, but it's such an adventure having our LOs try new foods.  Have fun!

• Options
    Wow!!! What a big guy! I think Mikey, Aaron and H can start there own football team. Lol I am so glad he is doing well. I also hope the lump gets better real soon.
  • Options

YAY for healthy big guy!!!!!

Orchid hated all cereal except for oatmeal, but loves veggies and fruit. You're cd, right? if so, the solids poops are MUCH easier to clean!

• Options
    YAY for solids - it's going to be fun, just be prepared for lots of mess!  have extra towels nearby and wait till you hear him grunt - too cute!  Like Noelle said to me, it's almost like they "ham" it up for you ... :o)
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"