November 2017 Moms
Options

OOTD: Maternity Edition

As my stomach grows, so does my need for style inspo. Here's a place to post our outfits of the day and provide each other with some ideas!

Re: OOTD: Maternity Edition

• Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited June 2017
    I don't have any pics to post right now, but I've been using the subscription service from Le Tote for maternity clothes for work and love it so far! I'll post outfit pics later - excited for this thread!

www.letote.com/maternity
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BayCamp me, too! You're not alone! 
  • Options
    Every day, t shirt and jeans, I work in a shop utterly not worth it to try and dress up haha
  • Options
    I'll post mine soon! Although all my outfits are all black due to school uniform so I don't know how inspiring I'll be! Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have some cute maxi dresses but today is not a cute day. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you all seen the Wren & Ivory dresses?  They are all so cute and reasonably priced!  They remind me a bit of Pink Blush but are not quite as expensive. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily I'm not in maternity yet either, I think I need one more month but a lot of my dresses and skirts are working for me still so I'll take it! I'm probably in between normal pants and maternity right now. I guess that's what belly bands are for :neutral:

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge @tourmalily I find that most of what I've worn in my pregnancies (aside from pants, and I'm boycotting pants so far) is not maternity clothes. And if it is maternity clothes I make sure it's easily wearable after baby comes.

also I've always wanted to try stitch fix, but it seems overwhelming and I'm not 100% sure how it works. 
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco no more pants. I've found that stitch fix is not for me, I don't love what they send me and it's always a higher price point than I'm comfortable paying. I'm used to buying stuff at j crew factory and loft either on sale or clearance so I had a bit of sticker shock with stitch fix. I think I'm just too good at shopping already/am picky. That being said, I have a bunch of friends who love it, one of them used the maternity stitch fix and loved that too. 

How it works: you register and fill out a profile online, they'll ask you questions about your sizing and show you clothing ensembles to choose from to get your taste. Then you schedule a box for a specific date, it's $20 and has five pieces in it.  When you get the box you have 3 days to try on the stuff and decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back. If you keep the whole box, you get a discount off your order so many people who like four things will just keep the fifth. You only pay for the stuff you keep and can send the whole box back. If you want to try it out I can give you my referral code and I think that gets you your first box free. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I think it's too scary for me haha! I'm mostly afraid I will never like the stuff and I will be spending $20 over and over just to send it all back. I guess I just don't trust someone else to know what I like and what will look good on my body. 
  • Options
    I got a pair of maternity shorts that are side panel with hidden stretch in the waistband. They still have a button and are perfect for that in-between stage when you aren't quite ready for the full panel. I'm not sure how they will work as I get bigger but for now, they are perfect. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I am in australia and its winter her which helps a bit. As does my style which is a mori stregga alternative gypsy kind of style. And I focus on multi seasonal slow fashion pieces they layer more than trend fashion .i had to buy/make new basics tops for winter this year anyway replacing tired old ones and I had to go up a size or stick to very stretchy jersey to fit my bust 
    I also got a few pieces that I can build style over these basics which are going to fit the whole pregnancy after and also later returning to prepregnancy size. Like drape jackets and wrap skies or one size romper. The rest is scarves head bands tights or yoga pants  and harem pants which I wear anyway . 
    So I don't think I'll need too many maternity pieces maybe a good pair of jeans . And later I'll get some nursing tops I like . I have a wedding in September so will be making a maternity dress to wear to that and my FIL 70th in october but hopefully the rest I can manage with normal clothes 
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco I totally understand! I only tried stitch fix a second time because they sent me a free box. Still not my thing though. 

@Tourmalily that dress is so cute! I love ModCloth

• Options
    Yellow is my favorite color! @kaitlinliz
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I love your outfit! Its really cute! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    edited June 2017
    You ladies are so stylish.  Nobody wants to see my denim capri pants and t-shirt :)  Edited to add I figured out how to do a spoiler.  Yay me!
    I do believe this is in my near future:  
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 I love Stubbs and Wootton! I haven't been able to validate buying a pair yet but someday they will be mine.

@av2323 that dress is so cute! Want.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge- I have a bit of a collection going. But all of them are from consignment stores or eBay. When the bargain is right, they are so definitely worth it! 
  • Options
    @bklynchica I LOVE the wedding dress it's perfect! Which day is your wedding? Sorry if this has been answered already I have mushy brain 
  • Options
    @bcashaw Thank you! It's a week from today, next Friday. Just City Hall.
  • Options
    @bklynchica  Love the wedding dress!  Please post a wedding photo next weekend/soon!!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @cwalker042 yesss give us more ideas!!