2nd Trimester
Options

jogging stroller and newborns

i'm looking at the BOB strollers as possible jogging strollers... how early can you jog with them with baby? i know it says you should wait to put your child in the BOB until he/she is 8 months old, but does that apply to if you're using a carseat attachment too?

Re: jogging stroller and newborns

• Options
    ooh good question, I am looking forward to the answers.  I only have my 2 cents, so here it is:  your pediatrician is the best source for this answer
  • Options

(this is what I heard from friends) -- you can't actually run with the stroller until the baby can hold his/her head up (so 6-8 months). So even when you use the carseat attachment, you shouldn't be running with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eSynergy- What if the jogging stroller completely reclines and you use a head support?  I'm not talking about heavy running, but light jogging?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I know people who have jogged with the baby in the infant seat as early as 2 months, but I don't know if that's really recommended.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageHalen0804:
    eSynergy- What if the jogging stroller completely reclines and you use a head support?  I'm not talking about heavy running, but light jogging?

I'm really not sure! Hopefully a 2nd time mom will chime in...or you could always ask your dr. about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have two jogging strollers (one single, one double).  I put DD1 in the jogger at 5 days - but don't know if I ever actually ran with her.  I got it more for the terrian it could handle than the jogging possibilitiy.  I know that I have jogged with the girls in the double though.

Sorry, not much help.  I would go by the recomeendations and not run with a baby until at least 6 months old (a baby can hold their head far before that though).

• Options

A friend of mine is a hardcore runner and has the bob ironman. He took his baby out for a light jog on a nice paved track at 4 weeks in the infant car seat attached to the bob. He said the baby loved it. He has been taking his son out for long runs since he was a few months old with no damage that i can see. I'd chat to your dr.

I can tell you right now its unlikely I'll wait 8 months to go for a jog with my baby.

• Options

We've purchased the BOB for LO.  My understanding is you are not supposed to run with the infant seat carrier b/c it throws off the center of gravity of the stroller.  You can run w/ LO in the normal stroller part once they have solid head control. 

I am just planning to resume running w/ my dog before LO has head control & make it "our" time since he'll need 1-on-1 attention from me still.  I plan to start using the stroller empty to get my dog used to it coming with us (I don't care if I look like a werido).  Once LO is ready for jogging w/ us in the stroller, LO can join in. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    a baby can hold its head up very well at 4 months.  I put DD in it and jogged when she was about 6 months.  I have friends who jog with their kiddos in the car seat at 6 weeks...I didn't have the attachment when DD was that little. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"