November 2015 Moms

Slow rising hcg *UPDATE*

edited March 2015 in November 2015 Moms
I had my hcg drawn at 10 dpo after having a positive hpt. It was 417. I had it drawn again today at 12 dpo, it was 640. So it isn't double, but rising. Has anyone else had anything like this? We've had 4 miscarriages, all of which had very low hcg. So when I got my fort number I was very excited. Now to see they're not doubling, I'm worried :(

Re: Slow rising hcg *UPDATE*

• I don't have anything but bad experiences with slow rising hcg. But the only times I've had hcg checked was when there were other issues already. I know it's impossible not to worry. Are they going to continue testing? Good luck. Positive thoughts for you.
  • Here's the beta base numbers for levels. Your levels didn't completely double but they are hella high 10dpo. Try not to stress too much right now. Will they be checking it again?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • gumby22c said:

Here's the beta base numbers for levels. Your levels didn't completely double but they are hella high 10dpo. Try not to stress too much right now. Will they be checking it again?

Today i'm going for my hcg levels. I have my hopes up high. Kelly, your levels seem on top of the roof. Maybe twins? Just saying....
  • I will be getting retested on Monday. Which is still 3 days away!! I know the number seemed high, that's why I was so excited. But then... They didn't double :(
  • Oh and, they are having me get an ultra sound in two weeks. Two weeks has never seemed so far away.
  • This made me feel a little bit better. I can't be the only women who's numbers didn't double.
  • With my last pregnancy they were really slow rising in the beginning (taking closer to 4 days to double). He's now 2.5 and everything was fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2015
    Thank you! I'm really hoping since my numbers are high, everything will be ok.
  • Check my siggy for my betas with my 4th pregnancy, my only successful pregnancy. They were terrible! Best of luck!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• My numbers were always slow rising. My first 2 pregnancies were healthy and normal. On #3 and I'm not doubling again. Everyone is different. I wouldn't worry. And it's 48-72 hrs for doubling.
  • raymel08raymel08 member
    edited March 2015
    I'm 5 weeks 4 days and my hcg levels went up from 62 a week ago to 190 today but the nurse didn't sound too excited for my numbers. I get my blood drawn again tomorrow to see if they increase in 48 hours. Should i be really worried? I've had 6 m/c in the last year and scared
  • Here's an attachment of hcg guide. With my experience in that past, I would say your hcg doesn't look good. But, keep holding your hope. You never know, and I'm certainly no doctor. Good vibes your way. ☀️
  • @Kellyfayeweaver
    I was taught 60% increase is more realistic than doubling. Wishing you the best
  • That makes me feel much better!
  • My reproductive endocrinologist looks for doubling every 48 to 72 hours or a 63% increase. The further along you go in the pregnancy hCG levels are going to take longer to rise
  • Hi
    I had that with one my pregnancies, didn't exactly double but my hcg were considerably high to begin with- that baby is nearly 2 years old now. I now don't get hcg levels tested as my doctor upset me for no reason. Think you should only worry if they are dropping or not rising....hope that helps and I hope all is ok
  • Thank you all for your encouraging words! I had some brownish discharge for the past couple of days. It was very light and has now stopped. I had that with my second child as well. I can't help but worry. I sure hope everything is ok!
  • I forgot to add, one of our miscarriages was an ectopic pregnancy. So I'm worried that it's happening again.
  • Well, we went in today to have the numbers checked. They, unfortunately, dropped to 583. They did an ultrasound and discovered it is yet another ectopic pregnancy. I hope you all have healthy and safe pregnancies.
  • I'm so sorry :-(
  • I'm so sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry praying for your family
  • I'm sorry for you
  • Oh no. I'm so sorry. Wishing you a safe recovery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"