2nd Trimester

What is the best way to pee in those little cups

Has anyone figured out the best way to take a urine sample. Every time I go for a visit I have to do a urine sample. I always take all my bottoms and socks off because I seem to always pee on my self. Those little cups are awful. I'm thinking that a funnel would do a better job. Any suggestions.

Re: What is the best way to pee in those little cups

• You're not squatting over the toilet???  You can always sit on the toilet too... just far back on the seat so you can put the cup under you. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • what?? you pee on your socks LOL.

1) sit down

2) start to pee

3) stick the cup between your legs into the stream

• Loading the player...
  • I'm wondering what it takes to actually pee on your socks...

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I always try to pee irst and THEN stick the cup under, but I don't think there is any good way.And lol I'm picturing your peepee coming straight out in a boy like stream! 

imageimage
  • THis is gross to talk about but....I learned the hard way you have to sit on the toilet seat.  I always clean it first....for some reason my OB has cleaning stuff in the bathroom.  Then I hold the cup right against me and hope for the best....at least if you are sitting the worst it can do is get on your hand....
  • I would try and help but I can't for the life of me figure out how you are peeing on your feet.
  • OMG-- great question!!! I always have too much pee, I could overflow the cup if I'm not careful. I don't know any great way to do it... maybe pack a funnel in your purse?? ;)

• For serious... here is what I do:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-hold cup right underneath myself.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imagemrs.jenni:

For serious... here is what I do:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

Be careful not to accidentally kick the cup over Embarrassed. Talk about being completely mortified.

My doc now has a little shelf next to the toilet.

• imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

This.  

Except sometimes I remember to put a paper towel on the floor to get any drips on the side.

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

HAHA exactly!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLambie.:
    I would try and help but I can't for the life of me figure out how you are peeing on your feet.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahaha!!!!!

• imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

This!  :)

• "sit cup on floor" works now but wait until you are a ginomasaurus-rex then you'll be avoiding bending over at all costs.  stick it on the counter :)
  • I must admit that this is one of the most amusing posts I've read in a while.  Thanks, ladies.  :)
  • imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

This except at my doctor's office they don't have you put it in the cabinet, you have to bring it back to the exam room.  So I walk with my pee cup in hand down the long hallway from the bathroom hoping passersby don't judge me for the color of my pee!

Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • imageBrookie-Cookie:
    "sit cup on floor" works now but wait until you are a ginomasaurus-rex then you'll be avoiding bending over at all costs.  stick it on the counter :)

I can't reach the counter.  Sometimes I do sit it on the trashcan next to the toilet. But even 9m PG with DS, I could still reach the floor.  It just took a little longer ;)

• imagepaxilchyk:

This except at my doctor's office they don't have you put it in the cabinet, you have to bring it back to the exam room.  So I walk with my pee cup in hand down the long hallway from the bathroom hoping passersby don't judge me for the color of my pee!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  I would HATE that!! 

• I hold the cup right up against myself and pee into it... I almost always take 2 sample cups so that there's no drips on the outside when I hand it back in... so I'll pee in one, then carefully pour it into the 2nd one. Smile
  • This is by far the best newbie question I have heard all day.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageBrookie-Cookie:
    "sit cup on floor" works now but wait until you are a ginomasaurus-rex then you'll be avoiding bending over at all costs.  stick it on the counter :)

Ahhh true this... the bigger the belly gets, the more this procedure becomes a mixture of jedi skills and gymnastic feats!

• I'm voting this best post ever!!
  • You ladies crack me up.  My doctor is weird.  He makes me bring my pee with me.  So I pee at home, put the cup in a ziplock bag and stuff the cup in my purse.  I can't tell you how weird it feels to walk around with a cup full of pee in your purse.
  • imagesynchrosally:
    You ladies crack me up.  My doctor is weird.  He makes me bring my pee with me.  So I pee at home, put the cup in a ziplock bag and stuff the cup in my purse.  I can't tell you how weird it feels to walk around with a cup full of pee in your purse.

I have to pee at home too because they want FMU, but I have never had an issue.  I just put the cup under me and go.  GL to the OP on figuring this one out.

• imagepaxilchyk:
    imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

The bathroom at my office is in the waiting room and the office is 4 docs and a PA.  The waiting room is always full and it is AWFUL to have to walk holding a cup of pee!

Also, this post is cracking me up, but I did have trouble holding the cup in the right place towards the end last time.  I was like, WTF?  I can't see anything down there!

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • imageCourt0026:
    imagepaxilchyk:
    imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

The bathroom at my office is in the waiting room and the office is 4 docs and a PA.  The waiting room is always full and it is AWFUL to have to walk holding a cup of pee!

Also, this post is cracking me up, but I did have trouble holding the cup in the right place towards the end last time.  I was like, WTF?  I can't see anything down there!

I know, it's like "wellll, I hope the cup is in the right spot.  We'll see in a second." ;) 

• imageCinnamonBun:
    imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

Be careful not to accidentally kick the cup over Embarrassed. Talk about being completely mortified.

My doc now has a little shelf next to the toilet.

My doctor's office has a dresser in the bathroom close to the toilet.  I always sit the cup on the dresser, but one time I grabbed it off the dresser and tripped.  It was so embarrassing.  I almost ended up with pee on my socks then, but I just missed the spill.

• Thanks ladies, being pregnant I didn't know who else to ask for advice. It is kinda of embarrassing but everyone has been great on this site. Anyway, I usually squat over the toilet and position the little cup under me and then begin to pee. But it comes out all sporadic and drips down the inside of my thighs. I think I'll try just sitting, then start to pee and then position the cup and see how that works out.

• I went on a mission to Africa and you'll know peeing into your socks when you are peeing over a hole in the ground and the pee doesn't want to come straight out it wants to go down the side of your leg!  Ugh yuck!  I can't hold the cup before pee starts b/c i'm not sure where it's going so start stream then place cup:)

This was really a good question b/c we all have to do it and just like our Christmas Traditions posts it i really fun to hear about other people's peeing in a cup rituals!

imageimage
  • This has nothing to do with the OP, but I thought I'd add my own peeing in a cup story.....

I have to take my 2 1/2 year old to every appointment.  He comes in the bathroom with me.  A bunch of cups are in a basket and as soon as we get in there he goes straight for the basket and hands me a cup, lol!  He's such a good helper......

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • imagejacquelinethorne:

Butch enough.

imageimage
  • imagepaxilchyk:
    imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

hahaha i do this too..im walking the walk of shame with my pee cup..thinking how embarassed i am to be holding my pee and i know people stare at me thinking "why does she have a pee cup" lol...**wishes there was a cabinet***

• I'm drifting over here from 3rd tri because this post made it to our boards, lol.

Seriously though, if you have that much trouble, check out an anatomy diagram to see where your urethra is (its right after your clitoris, but before your vagina, fyi) and then put cup over this area.  Be sure that you are sitting down, and you have the cup in position before you begin to pee.  Sound good?

Good luck!

• I have to carry my cup through the office to the back counter too. Ugh! And once during my last pregnancy I was so relieved to get to pee that I totally forgot about the cup, finished peeing and stood up to pull my pants up. That's when I noticed the how to pee in a cup sign on the door and started laughing hysterically. I was still in stitches when I got back to the exam room. DH thought I'd lost my mind. Ever since then as I leave the exam room to go to the bathroom DH reminds me to make sure I get a couple ounces in a cup.
  • imagemicaelasmakeup:
    imagejacquelinethorne:

Butch enough.

LOL, one of my favorite bloggers did a post about these a while back and I thought it was downright hilarious. I think maybe she'd received them as a gag gift or something, but I don't remember exactly. We vacationed in Hawaii for a few weeks last summer and did a lot of hiking and sightseeing in places where there were no bathrooms and I thought it sure would have been nice to have a few of those things. I peed on more lava and squatted behind more trees than I care to think about. Anyway, the OP made me immediately think of these.

• imagemrs.jenni:

-write name on cup. 

-sit on toilet.

-start to pee.

-stop peeing.

-remove cup.

-sit cup on floor.

-finish peeing.

-place cup in cabinet. 

-wash hands.

-repeat in 4 weeks. 

This- except instead of setting the cup on the floor, my OB office has a little "cup holder" that I put it in while I finish.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• I do the list from the other post - except I write my name on the cup after I wipe it with a paper towel...

And...I build a "nest" (pile a small amount of paper on the seat like a cover) instead of cleaning the seat...

• Luckily my Dr. gives us those sanitary wipes to wipe the cup of after I'm done.

I then have to walk it down the hall to the lab and I can't help but compare my pee to the others.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejacquelinethorne:
    I have to carry my cup through the office to the back counter too. Ugh! And once during my last pregnancy I was so relieved to get to pee that I totally forgot about the cup, finished peeing and stood up to pull my pants up. That's when I noticed the how to pee in a cup sign on the door and started laughing hysterically. I was still in stitches when I got back to the exam room. DH thought I'd lost my mind. Ever since then as I leave the exam room to go to the bathroom DH reminds me to make sure I get a couple ounces in a cup.

LOL. I totally forgot to use the cup at my last appointment, I had to go so bad. When I was done I realized I still had the empty cup in my hand, and started cracking up. Then I tried to go again but this was one of those times when I couldn't squeeze another drop out.

Effing crazy people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"