Northern California Babies
Options

Took Lilly to the Pedi today

That little bump was really bothering her last night and today she was just chomping on the pacifier and I noticed she would move it over right over the bump and just chomp chomp chomp...and of course she was rubbing it with her tongue.

I called the advice line and they were going to send Lilly a prescription for thrush to the pharmacy without seeing her (the nurse on the advice line said she was too young for teething)...I guess that is what Kaiser does after you answer some questions based on the childs symptoms...I wasn't really comfortable with her taking medicine without being seen...I mean, what if it wasn't thrush...I didn't want her taking medicine that she didn't even need.  

Anyway...so we got an appointment for today and we just got back...the nurse took her temperature and asked why we were there and I told her we think she had a tooth but weren't sure because she was so young and that we were also checking for thrush...and she said, oh, she is too young for a tooth...we'll get her checked out.

Doctor comes in, checks her out and you know what it is?  A tooth!  We should have trusted our mommy and daddy instincts...that is exactly what we thought it was but kept second guessing because of her age and the location of the tooth...but the doctor said it is definitely a tooth.  

She told us we can give her a cold washcloth to chew on and we can use our finger to rub/apply pressure (which we have been doing) and we can give her baby orajel at night if she is really fussy.

I am glad to know for sure what it is...I just hope the pain goes away for her soon...poor little girl! =(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Took Lilly to the Pedi today

• Options

No way!! Mannn I hate being wrong..

Glad you took her in! Kaiser does do that diagnose over the phone thing and it always drives me nutso. Glad you stuck to your guns and took her in!

I put the orajel stuff on JLKs bottle nipple by the tooth and that helped her to eat better. Hope it pops thur fast

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Well now you know what it is! Now i hope Lily finds some relief. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's crazy that they would say unilaterally that she is too young for a tooth. No one is too young for a tooth, it's rare, but possible. Glad she didn't need the medicine, it's nasty! Good for you! Lily is so cute, I love your siggy pic.
  • Options

imageamyfelice:
    That's crazy that they would say unilaterally that she is too young for a tooth. No one is too young for a tooth, it's rare, but possible. Glad she didn't need the medicine, it's nasty! Good for you! Lily is so cute, I love your siggy pic.

Yea, I think they dismissed it because of her age and the location of the tooth...

And thanks!..we think she is pretty cute too!

• Options
    imageSportyMrs.23:

imageamyfelice:

Yea, I think they dismissed it because of her age and the location of the tooth...

And thanks!..we think she is pretty cute too!

hehe, Yeah, we have some cuties on the Norcal board!! Don't we? 

• Options

imageSportyMrs.23:
    (the nurse on the advice line said she was too young for teething)

I'm so surprised they said that! I admit that I was leaning toward it not being teething since it wasn't likely, but I certainly didn't rule it out.

I'm sorry she's having a tough time with it. Coming from the mom of a baby who teethes LONG and HARD, I can commiserate. Teething SUCKS!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"