North Carolina Babies
Options

DC Snacks?

So what does your DC Daycare serve for snacks and drinks? (other than milk of course).

If any of you saw my FB status youll know that I went in to get AT this afternoon and he was having "snack". Snack was cheetos and a peice of frosted cookie. It also looked like he was drinking Hawian Punch. Tongue Tied

Now granted it was one of the childs bdays and maybe they were celebrating but it makes me wonder what they give them for snack every day.

So it got boxed up and brought home. I tried to give him ritz PB crackers for snack but he saw the box from DC and wanted it instead (of course!)

Im going to ask Monday aobut it.....and its not a big deal if it was a bday thing but if they are giving them junk just to save $$ I wont be happy. Bc we all know junk food is way cheaper than the healthy stuff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DC Snacks?

• Options

Yikes! I'd be pissed too!

Right now Holly eats the DC provided lunch, but we send her snacks, so I'm no help. 

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    I'd definitely ask. I have no problem with Mads eating junk food on occasion- she ate tons of crap the week of Christmas! But I wouldn't want it to be a daily, or even weekly thing. Hopefully it was just for the birthday party!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eli's snacks are things like crackers, cheese, yogurt, sometimes fruit.  The only time they have sweet stuff is for someone's birthday, and only then if the parents bring it in.  Occassionally he'll have something like a rice crispie treat or things I wouldn't really consider healthy, but it's not an everyday thing.  He basically gets the kinds of things he eats at home.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our DC sends out a menu each week, next week the snacks are:

• Monday: Apples, Graham Crackers and Milk
    • Tuesday: Yogurt, Vanilla Wafers and Milk
    • Wednesday: Oatmeal Cookies and Milk
    • Thursday: Soft pretzels and Milk
    • Friday: Homemade Chex Mix and Milk

Sometimes they get cookies but I think they do a pretty good job of giving them healthy things. The only juice I see is Apple Juice served one time with breakfast.

GL, hopefully it was just a rare occurrence!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"