Upstate NY Babies
Options

C-section TMI question

Would anyone care to share their c/s after-effects? Not so much incision stuff...more like vaginal stuff. I haven't really read to much about c-sections because deep down I didn't think I would actually need one.

With my last birth - I had light bleeding and hardly any clots. I was done bleeding at 3 - 3.5 weeks.

With a c/s - since you don't deliver the placenta and all the other stuff - I'm just wondering if I should expect more of it to come out naturally in the weeks after.

I know, this is a very weird question. But I'm trying to avoid googling too much.

Re: C-section TMI question

• Options

As far as I know, they suction you out pretty good.  I had very light bleeding and it was great!

Honestly, I loved having the c-section after having a horrible tear the first labor, that took like 2 months to even begin healing.  With the c-section I was up and walking around on my own that night, and by day 3 when I went home I was on no pain meds.  I hope yours goes just as smoothly!

• Options
    imageArcticFox:

As far as I know, they suction you out pretty good.  I had very light bleeding and it was great!

Honestly, I loved having the c-section after having a horrible tear the first labor, that took like 2 months to even begin healing.  With the c-section I was up and walking around on my own that night, and by day 3 when I went home I was on no pain meds.  I hope yours goes just as smoothly!

Me too - thanks!!!  When were you able to care for/pick up your toddler? Since Evan isn't even walking yet...I'm trying to make sure I have help here for long enough.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't compare it to a vaginal other than from what I've heard on here, but it wasn't heavy at all. It was more like a kind of heavy period for the first few days, then lightened up after that. I found that each time I breastfed, it would flair up but then get light again. I think I was completely done after about 3 weeks.
  • Options

I had major bleeding after my c-section for about a week.  First couple days in the hospital were the worst.  I stopped bleeding by four weeks. I had a minor complication during surgery - I ripped internally since DD was wedged from two hours of pushing.  I lost a lot of blood and left the hospital anemic.  Nothing too bad though.

I was up and walking the next day when they finally allowed me out of bed.  I took the meds in the hospital but stopped when I got home.  I had some discomfort for 8 weeks.  Not pain, but just sore. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a lot of bleeding the first 12 hours or so after the section.  After that it went to what I guess I would call a heavy, normal period.  Not again to be TMI, but the nurses were telling me that sometimes a woman can pass a clot the size of a grapefruit the first few days.  Luckily I didn't deal with that, but I did have some clotting, not bad though.
  • Options

For me it was like a heavy period for about a week, then got lighter and was done at about 4 wks pp.

The first time I got out of bed I bled a LOT. Like right through the heavy duty pad and all down my legs (sorry, gross I know) It was like a gush and kinda scary. My DH turned white and thought I was hemorrhaging or something!

• Options
    imageNikCole:

For me it was like a heavy period for about a week, then got lighter and was done at about 4 wks pp.

The first time I got out of bed I bled a LOT. Like right through the heavy duty pad and all down my legs (sorry, gross I know) It was like a gush and kinda scary. My DH turned white and thought I was hemorrhaging or something!

i think mine was most like this. maybe not 4 weeks though but more then one. i do remember a lot of clots though and cramping when i BF

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had two c-sec and the recovery for each were very different!  With Ty, I pushed for over 2 hours before they wheeled me to surgury.  I thought I was bleeding to death my first trip to the bathroom.  The bleeding was very bad.  So much I came home anemic and I have never had even the slightest problem with my iron levels before.  I bled pretty heavy for about 4 weeks then more lightly for another two.

With Bri, my c-sec was scheduled.  The bleeding was so much less.  More like a normal period.  And it only last about 2 weeks.  It was amazing how different each experience was.

And FYI, the first couple times you try to move your midsection after c-sec, it feels like your guts are going to fall out.  It is a really freaky feeling.

• Options
    My bleeding was worst in the hospital-I remember a few times it ran down my leg also. I think I bled maybe 3 weeks? I dont know-I think I was in baby fog so I dont remember much. It does hurt when you laugh the first few days though-that I remember. And changing positions in bed wasn't fun for awhile either. Overall it wasn't bad though!
  • Options
    I bleed both times pretty heavy for the first week. My only problem was with my second c-section. About 8 weeks after I had the c-section, I found a drainage whole, which was probably from not relaxing as much as I should have, but harder when you have two kids at the time. They made me stay in bed for the weekend and than I was fine. Closed back up by itself. Oh, and the whole was smaller than a dime
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"