Upstate NY Babies
Options

swim class

I am signing R and I up for a class at the Y....it says tight fitting plastic pants or little swimmers are needed.

Do they make swim diapers for little ones (20lbs and under)? Does he need a swim suit too? I have trunks for him for next summer, but they won't fit him yet.

I am excited, he loves the tub and splashing around....I hope he likes a pool!

Re: swim class

• Options
    We are also starting swim lessons at the Y in January.  Huggies makes swim diapers for kids as small as 13 lbs.  I found them at Target. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Buy Buy Baby has them - the iPlay brand.  The smallest is 6 months.  They come in the diapers or the trunks for boys (I'm guessing with built-in undies), but either should be fine alone.  What days are you doing it?  I am looking for a Friday swim class, but haven't checked out places yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely want to do this when E is a little older.  He loves his bath, so I would assume that he would like the pool.  Enjoy!!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started Ty in swim at 6 months (the minimum age) at a YMCA.  We went the first week in just a swimming diaper and they let us in but said he needed a swim suit for next time. 

It is a little harder finding swim diapers this time of year but almost every place that carries diapers could have them.  I bought a ton last year from Price Chopper on clearance.  They still have some clearance packages at my local price chopper and they had some a Walmart the last time I was there.

• Options
    hmm. I thought when I looked they started at 18 lbs.. Cuz Eve was 12 lbs this summer.
    I have a yellow cloth swim diaper we used this summer.. I THINK it will be too small for Ryan now though.. but if I get around to it I will try to dig it out so you can try it. I have a pink one with ruffles too.. he might not like that one as much.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Which Y are you going to?  I want to start taking A as well.  Do they have classes at set days/times?
  • Options

imagebattybtags:
    Which Y are you going to?  I want to start taking A as well.  Do they have classes at set days/times?

Westside on Elmgrove.....they have Wed evenings 6-6:30, Saturday 9-9:30 and 11-11:30. They start a week from tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"